PDA

View Full Version : 426ex in need of help!!!

glatf70gg
09-14-2008, 08:24 PM
i currently have a 426ex, highly ported head, stage 2 hot cam, wb slip on, 14:1 piston, gt thunder studs, no air lid and a twin air filter. i run 112 octane race fuel. this past weekend i raced a lt250r up at trevorton, and got my ***** handed to me, by like 3 lengths. we raced 3 times, same every time. this isn't cool. i want faster. should i go 460 or 500 kit? Nitrous or turbo. Maybe a 450r! kinda wanna keep this bike. I just had all the work done, by Burgard Cycle, a week ago. So I know its right. Any suggestions would be great.

TheNewn
09-14-2008, 10:15 PM
From what experience i've had, that out come could have been predicted by almost anyone. 250 race 2stroke race bikes are fast even mildly modded, if it was anything close to your 400ex you wouldn't have a chance.

My first suggestion if you HAD to keep the 400ex is to get a FULL exhaust. not just a slip on. And if that white brothers is an e-series, just ditch it entirely and buy a new Sparks or HMF full system.

My second suggestion if you HAD to keep the 400EX is to just accept the fact that it is not a race bike and in my opinion you shouldn't go dump a bunch of money into it to try and make it beat anything.

If you want a race bike, get something that is better to start off with, for example, a 450.

...But i'd get a Raptor 700...best all around package you can get.

MtnEX
09-15-2008, 01:02 AM
Well... if you want to be that kind of fast, you have to have a 2 stroke.

400EX's were fast for 4 strokes for about 4 years there, with their near 400cc displacement and nice chassis. But they have been has-beens for about 5 years now, just in the 400cc 4 stroke class.

To get that kind of performance out of a 400EX, you have to do a conversion quad / hybrid quad. Gotta find a 2 stroke donor, bore-stroke-port-pipe, then put it in the frame and do all the other extra work.

I'd love to do it to mine sometimes... but that's not what I bought it for... and I already have the Sport 400.

Ruby Soho
09-15-2008, 06:59 AM
change gearing?