View Full Version : Works shock problem help!

400exRacerX
11-10-2001, 10:07 PM
I just got a pair of works triple rate shocks w/rezzies. And when I put them on the right side gave me some trouble but i got it on fine and then the left side went on like cake. Well when i was done mounting everything I was just overlooking everything and the left shocks body is kinda off centered, I am talking about the body were the seal is that the rod goes into, one side of the shock body is almost rubbing up against the spring and the other side of the body has a huge gap between the spring and the body. But the right side shock is completey centered and that was the one that was tough to get on. I attached a picture to give you a better view of were I am talking about, please help! I havent even rode on them yet!
In the picture I attached in the green box is the area I am talking about and the arrow is pointing too the shock body, right in that area the hole body is off center and alomst rubbering up against the spring, is this normal and what could I do to fix it? I waited awhile to get the damn things and I dont feel like sending them back out before I could even ride on them. thanks in advanced all help is well appreciated.

kc 300EX
11-10-2001, 10:16 PM
Id call the place you got them from ,or works and ask them

EX 80
11-11-2001, 07:11 AM
One of my shocks is like that too. I don't care it works fine.

Guy400
11-11-2001, 07:28 AM
With as much money as shocks cost you shouldn't have to just settle with a shock being like that. I'd definitely contact the place where you bought it from and ask that it be replaced. Did they valve these shocks for your weight and riding styles or were they just off-the-shelf aftermarkets? I thought almost all aftermarket shocks were inspected by the dealer before they were shipped out. I guess not.

400exRacerX
11-11-2001, 08:51 PM
Well I went riding today and that side of the shock almost recentered itself and the other side is still center, maybe they just need to be broken in since they really havent been riden on alot yet.??