PDA

View Full Version : crank bearing

scrappy3
09-14-2008, 02:29 PM
I have a 05 R and was wondering if there are any signs of crank bearing failer or does it just fail?

d3ktrix
09-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Metal shavings in the oil filter is the only one I've ever herd.
Other then that it'll just lock up or throw the rod out the front :P

baker400ex
09-29-2008, 05:04 PM
my crank bearings went in my 07 450...it was jus a freek accident...no sign. Was in the middle of a race and it jus locked up...ended up shattering pieces inside the case had to get brand new cases. Piston was junk but no damage to the cylendar

pro-rider46
09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
i have only had 1 crank bearing failure, and it destroyed the engine, and then the extended warranty covered it. then i had my rod bearing crack the bottom of the rod and threw it through the case, but the bearings where still good. and now my crf 450's crank locked up. but the crank bearings are still good. Its goofy. and when i was showing my dad about the rod being locked up, he swung it real fast and slamed my piston into the crank and now i need a new piston.

d3ktrix
09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
i have only had 1 crank bearing failure, and it destroyed the engine, and then the extended warranty covered it. then i had my rod bearing crack the bottom of the rod and threw it through the case, but the bearings where still good. and now my crf 450's crank locked up. but the crank bearings are still good. Its goofy. and when i was showing my dad about the rod being locked up, he swung it real fast and slamed my piston into the crank and now i need a new piston.

haha whoa u have no luck.

pro-rider46
09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
haha whoa u have no luck.

lol, yeah and i need a good job just to pay for all this crap.

d3ktrix
09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Think about it this way, once you fix ur's and get good at it. You can make money off fixing your friends when theirs blow :P

pro-rider46
09-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Think about it this way, once you fix ur's and get good at it. You can make money off fixing your friends when theirs blow :P

Hmm, i think you've got something there... I'm going to start charging people to fix there stuff... thanks for the idea!

blacknblue#2
09-30-2008, 11:41 PM
You can pull the right side timing plug out and put an allen wrench in that allen head bolt. Wobble it and if there is any play in the crank bearing that will show it. We just found this out 2 days ago when putting a buddies in time.

S.A.J
10-05-2008, 10:02 AM
i bought mine with the crank bearing out,ended up having to get a whole new crank,left case(left or right i forget),and a new stator and so i just put a couple more things on it since it was all apart