PDA

View Full Version : Gas cap

riding4fun
09-14-2008, 01:16 PM
After breaking 2 gas caps I put on one of the Apex billet caps. It ran fine for awhile. Now 2 of the last 3 times I have taken it out it has vapor locked. I open the gas cap and it ran fine for the rest of the day.

Now, should I just place an OEM gas cap (DRR) back on or is there any others that work better. I can't take the chance of this billet cap causing a vapor lock during a race.

Thanks,
Darrell

09-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by riding4fun
After breaking 2 gas caps I put on one of the Apex billet caps. It ran fine for awhile. Now 2 of the last 3 times I have taken it out it has vapor locked. I open the gas cap and it ran fine for the rest of the day.

Now, should I just place an OEM gas cap (DRR) back on or is there any others that work better. I can't take the chance of this billet cap causing a vapor lock during a race.

Thanks,
Darrell wanna trade that gas cap for a stock gas cap?

#404's Dad
09-14-2008, 02:04 PM
We in three years have never broken a single DRR OEM cap, matter of fact I stock them just to use as replacements on the Etons, Dinlis, Kawis and of course the junk Apex caps and a few others.

Only complaint with them is the rubber always falls out if you are not paying attention.

kaseamx824
09-14-2008, 07:05 PM
We use ones that are for PW 80's. They are alot better than the stock ones.

Logan #34's Dad
09-15-2008, 02:13 AM
Hey Darrell, get out of the gym and don't twist it so hard. If your not in the gym then use the hand opposite your "alone" hand. LOL. :blah:

riding4fun
09-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Hey Darrell, get out of the gym and don't twist it so hard. If your not in the gym then use the hand opposite your "alone" hand. LOL. :blah:

LOL, that's funny. My wife says I am addicted to the gym.

hotquads1
09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Darrell, hold in there for about 3-4 weeks, a new cap is coming that will correct all the issues and looks really cool.
marc

riding4fun
09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
THat's what I'm talking about. Thanks Marc.

riding4fun
10-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
Darrell, hold in there for about 3-4 weeks, a new cap is coming that will correct all the issues and looks really cool.
marc

Any news. I want 2.

QuadJunkies
10-12-2008, 08:45 PM

Thanks,
Darrell
Darrell,
Take the APEX Billet one and just drill it out until you get a replacement.
We done that with Brandons and its worked just fine for a year now.

riding4fun
10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Tina,

Thanks we did it at the last race but drilled a little to big so the BB wont stay. Definitely wont vapor lock now:eek:

Just gets a little messy.

QuadJunkies
10-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Tina,

Thanks we did it at the last race but drilled a little to big so the BB wont stay. Definitely wont vapor lock now:eek:

Just gets a little messy.
LOL!
FO SHO! :p

hotquads1
10-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Any news. I want 2.
about 2 weeks , till ready to ship. Will be available in black, silver, red , blue , gold !
marc