PDA

View Full Version : pro design coolhead

trx250rider
09-14-2008, 10:27 AM
my bike has a pro design coolhead and i was curious about how to figure out weather its an oring model or not...theres a head gasket on it now but the man i bought this bike from should have never touched it..i would not be surprised if it was an oring and he still put the gasket on..my question is if it is a oring model do you need a head gasket..and how do you tell the difference between the two..thanks

Iliketogofast
09-14-2008, 11:27 AM
If it's an o-ring model you don't use a head gasket, you just use an o-ring. It has to be ordered from the manufacturer usually though, because it is a very high temp area and you usually can't find a big enough high temp o-ring in a hardware store or even specialty stores.

If the head uses an o-ring it will have two grooves, one on the inside of the water passages and one on the outside. At least that's how my ESR head is.

trx250rider
09-14-2008, 12:43 PM
okay thanks..thats what i need to know...it does have a head gasket but what i was saying was the man who owned this before me let somebody work on it who knew nothing at all about it..it wouldnt surprise me if it is the oring model and he still put a head gasket on it..i guess i need to take it off and make sure..thanks