PDA

View Full Version : need some help.

justin1022
09-14-2008, 09:23 AM
ok guys. i have been wanting a new quad for a wile now currently i got a 440ex with a good list of mods. i have been bugging my dad about buying me the black and blue trx450r from factory and we were talking about it last night and i said there 8600 and he said well over in athabaska(a diffrent town) there 7500. i said welll buy it. and he sai you no what i think i will but that means i wont buy you a vehical. i am 15 yrs old and got 5600 in the bank that i have been saving for a new quad but now i just cant make up my mind on if i sohuld gte a new quad and work to buy my own vehical or what. the reason i want a new one is because al my freinds are spoiled as ever and they all got new quads this yr and mine is out dated so it just kind of annoys me when i see them on brand new mahcines and im on this 2001 piece of crap. and another thing he said if i get it i cant put no aftermarket exept a pipe nerf and tires. wanna help me out on deciding thanks.

Honda_Matt
09-14-2008, 09:29 AM
You should keep saving your money and when you have enough, buy it yourself.

If your dad is willing to pay for a vehicle for you, thats the route you should go.
When you turn 16 and get your drivers license and still have to bum rides off of people it's gonna make you wish you never got that new quad.

---

Or, let him buy you the quad and use the 5600 to buy yourself a car... and tell the dealership you will give them 7500 but you want nerf bars put on it for that price also

justin1022
09-14-2008, 09:32 AM
ya i no if i was going to get a quad it wouldnt come home without nerfs. and if he does by me the quad for 5600 i cant buy a very nice truck. but i dont turn 16 til april so i got a little bit ahead of me. and winters coming so i was also thinkin of working all winter and buying my own quad early spring.

Honda_Matt
09-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah i would just wait to buy the quad.

justin1022
09-14-2008, 09:48 AM
yall ill have to see because another thing was i was really trying to by pass the 2009s white and orange but still end up with a honda. i just dont like the white and orange. but you have to admit it does suck when all your friends are spoiled and you have to work for what you get. my dad told me they wont have no money management when there older but i dont no.

Ruby Soho
09-14-2008, 10:09 AM
go the route of the vehicle. i wish my parents could buy my a vehicle but money is tight and they can't help me pay. id love to have a new quad but id much rather be out driving to tracks and going out when i want. im selling my quad for a truck. i still have my pitbike though and im considering getting really into pitbike racing and such..

either way once your 16 your mind will change, so hold out and keep saving.

my dad is always saying how 2 months ago all i wanted was quads and parts, and now its all about trucks and parts for them. things change when your old enough to drive:p

mineralgrey01gt
09-14-2008, 10:14 AM
theres no choice IMO. The vehicle should come long before the quad

extremeblastr
09-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
go the route of the vehicle. i wish my parents could buy my a vehicle but money is tight and they can't help me pay. id love to have a new quad but id much rather be out driving to tracks and going out when i want. im selling my quad for a truck. i still have my pitbike though and im considering getting really into pitbike racing and such..

either way once your 16 your mind will change, so hold out and keep saving.

my dad is always saying how 2 months ago all i wanted was quads and parts, and now its all about trucks and parts for them. things change when your old enough to drive:p

haha been there went through that transition now i just want both and parts for both and a whole bunch of other useless crap lol

bean2080
09-14-2008, 11:31 AM
i would just save the money and buy you a good car. then worry about a new 4wheeler after that. unless your dad will buy you the bike then just let him do it :D

hawood
09-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Looks like everyone has got their prioraties messed up, I would rather bum a ride to the races and have a nice quad to race, than to show up in a fancy truck with nothing to ride.

Ruby Soho
09-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by hawood
Looks like everyone has got their prioraties messed up, I would rather bum a ride to the races and have a nice quad to race, than to show up in a fancy truck with nothing to ride.

would you also like to bum rides from your parents to work everyday and ride the school bus?

09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
after some spelling lessons, tell us what kind of riding you do...

i bought a brand new 06 450r in february of 06...by november 06, i was ready to get rid of it and get back on the old 400ex i still had...i ended up selling the 400ex for some money to eliminate some debt...

i soon realized that i should have sold the 450r and kept the ex...3 months after selling the ex, i traded the 450r for a somewhat tricked out 2000 400ex and some cash...i am much happier on the ex instead of the 450r

unless those are Canadian prices, they are high...my 06 450r was 6795 out the door...

justin1022
09-14-2008, 04:09 PM
ya there canadian prices. and i am going to race it. i did racing with my ex but it just doesnt feel right for me on the track.

09-14-2008, 08:14 PM
IMHO, you're making a mistake.

So what if your quad is a little dated.. The 400ex is an excellent quad. It will stay reliable and you can have your dad buy you a vehicle, then keep the 400ex for a while and wait to get a new quad.

You shouldn't just sell the 400ex just because your friends have something nicer. If they are that big of a dike head to you about it, they're not your friends. Riding is riding.

I say you have your dad get you the car. Keep the ex for a while, and maybe later down the road sell it and use the 5600 along with the money from your quad to buy a USED 450r.

Buying new.. is nice, but not necessary. As soon as you sign the papers you automatically lose money on it. You can find some pretty mint used 07's and such fairly cheap. As a kid, it's not the smartest thing to pay top dollar for a new quad when their are plenty of used bikes out there.

justin1022
09-14-2008, 08:18 PM
hmm. yea its not liek they rub it in my face just sucks when everyone aroudn you gots brand new. but yea the more i think about it the more i think im going to get a vehical. ill talk to dad though see what happens maybe we can find a used one for cheap.

Pipeless416
09-14-2008, 08:41 PM
be thankful that your parents will help you with a car. a 440ex is nothing to be ashamed of. you can't have your cake and eat it too. :scary:

416exfreak
09-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
be thankful that your parents will help you with a car. a 440ex is nothing to be ashamed of. you can't have your cake and eat it too. :scary:

Thats for damn sure...

Get the car or truck, and keep the 440ex. I was in the EXACT same situation 2 months ago, and man am I glad I kept my 440 and got my truck!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/440kid/005-3.jpg