QuadJunkies
09-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Im sure somewhere its been talked about , but Im out of the loop... lol
Whos got it ?
I got mine today and its BAD ***!!:cool:
I think I liked every song but one!

jrspawn
09-13-2008, 08:52 PM
I picked a copy up yesterday. I agree with ya, its def good. Alot better than st anger in my opinion. But nothing beats the old stuff!!! There isnt a day that goes by that And Justice For All doesnt get played in the shop lol.

Justin

QuadJunkies
09-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
I picked a copy up yesterday. I agree with ya, its def good. Alot better than st anger in my opinion. But nothing beats the old stuff!!! There isnt a day that goes by that And Justice For All doesnt get played in the shop lol.

Justin
I agree!

I thought I heard something on the radio the other day that AC/DC was going to put something out this year??
Also something about a tour.. have you heard anything?
That would be COOL!!:blah:

bean2080
09-13-2008, 10:10 PM
awesome cd, i love it. there has been alot of good cd's comming out lately, slipknot, metallica, and hipefully the new ac/dc one will be good, i cant wait fot that one either. dont quote me on this but i think ac/dc i going on tour in the US!!! i am so pumped about this.

QuadJunkies
09-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by bean2080
awesome cd, i love it. there has been alot of good cd's comming out lately, slipknot, metallica, and hipefully the new ac/dc one will be good, i cant wait fot that one either. dont quote me on this but i think ac/dc i going on tour in the US!!! i am so pumped about this.
Yeah, I thought they said a few dates on the West Coast were in Seattle and Tacoma,Wa. so that would be cool!!:cool:
I dont care how old or young ya are..... AC/DC was and is THE best music to party to!:blah:

Quad18star
09-14-2008, 09:54 AM
AC/DC DOES have a tour going on as they are just wrapping up production on their new CD out in Vancouver. They're doing an arena tour this year and next year they're doing concert halls and that sort of thing.

Check out their website they have all the tour dates. I'm going to try and get my hands on a few tickets to see them in Toronto on November 7th.

I did the homework for you ... here's the concert dates.
https://tickets.acdc.com/ the "Comming Soon" is about the tickets.

Oct 28, 2008 Wilkes-Barre PA US Wachovia Arena Coming Soon Coming Soon

Oct 30, 2008 Chicago IL US Allstate Arena Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 03, 2008 Indianapolis IN US Conseco Fieldhouse Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 05, 2008 Detroit MI US Palace of Auburn Hills Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 07, 2008 Toronto ON CA Rogers Centre Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 09, 2008 Boston MA US TD Banknorth Garden Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 12, 2008 New York City NY US Madison Square Garden Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 13, 2008 New York City NY US Madison Square Garden Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 15, 2008 Washington DC US Verizon Center Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 17, 2008 Philadelphia PA US Wachovia Center Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 19, 2008 East Rutherford NJ US IZOD Center Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 21, 2008 Columbus OH US Schottenstein Center Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 23, 2008 Minneapolis MN US Xcel Energy Center Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 25, 2008 Denver CO US Pepsi Center Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 28, 2008 Vancouver BC CA General Motors Place Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 29, 2008 Seattle WA US Key Arena Coming Soon Coming Soon

Nov 30, 2008 Tacoma WA US Tacoma Dome Coming Soon Coming Soon

Dec 02, 2008 Oakland CA US ORACLE Arena Coming Soon Coming Soon

Dec 06, 2008 Los Angeles CA US The Forum Coming Soon Coming Soon

Dec 10, 2008 Phoenix AZ US US Airways Center Coming Soon Coming Soon

Dec 12, 2008 San Antonio TX US AT & T Center Coming Soon Coming Soon

Dec 14, 2008 Houston TX US Toyota Center Coming Soon Coming Soon

Dec 16, 2008 Atlanta GA US Philips Arena Coming Soon Coming Soon

Dec 18, 2008 Charlotte NC US Time Warner Cable Arena Coming Soon Coming Soon

QuadJunkies
09-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks Greg!!
Im going to have to try and make one of the concerts:cool:

AtvMxRider
09-14-2008, 11:53 AM
I heard one of the new AC/DC songs the other day and it was damn good.

QuadJunkies
09-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I heard one of the new AC/DC songs the other day and it was damn good.
Was it like there old stuff??

AtvMxRider
09-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

Yes!!! very good song. I can't remember the name of it though.

Quad18star
09-14-2008, 03:14 PM
If you go onto AC/DC website you can hear some of the new stuff .... it's very much AC/DC that most people love.

I had the opportunity to see them in Toronto when they played the concert after the SARS outbreak a few years back and I didn't go. The Rolling Stones were supposed to be the "Main show" but AC/DC stole it away from them. They came on before the Stones, played their set , then the STones came on. By that time people were already starting to leave the grounds. LOL Never again will I miss out on a Free Concert. :macho

I heard this mornign that tickets go on sale Saturday September 20th at 10am for the Toronto show ... not sure if it's the same for all the other dates.

DEAL
09-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

It is lol .. all acdc songs sound the same.

I heard the new metallica cd though .. so good .. much better than anything they've released in the last 20 years.

AtvMxRider
09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by DEAL

I heard the new metallica cd though .. so good .. much better than anything they've released in the last 20 years.

:huh

DEAL
09-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:huh

Load , reload , s&m , st anger was better? lol ...
Maybe if your def.

AtvMxRider
09-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Maybe if your def.

load and reload yes St. anger no.

QuadJunkies
09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I think I now have my faves off the CD
Songs 5,8 and 9
5 and 9 are BEEITCHIN!!:cool:

trx400EXtreme
09-14-2008, 08:14 PM
i thought load and reload kicked @$$.

this CD is defiantely a good one though. ill forgive them for st. anger lol.

DEAL
09-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
i thought load and reload kicked @$$.

this CD is defiantely a good one though. ill forgive them for st. anger lol.

blame bob rock for st anger .. and the rest after and justise for all.

He started working with the tragically hip and their new cd SUCKED too.

SPDSNYPR
09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Well I was finally able to pick up a copy today (everyplace was sold out pretty quick when it first released).

I've changed my mind. Overall, I really like this CD. There are some songs that they seem to be trying too hard on, but overall it's a throwback to the much better older stuff.

I'm just going to forget St Anger ever happened, and roll on.

L0w3r55
09-16-2008, 05:23 PM
i personally think the unforgiven 3 is great, as well as a couple of their other songs too, just wish they were like they once were.

Ruby Soho
09-17-2008, 06:05 PM
i just got the cd

all thats been playing lately haha.

all nightmare long is my favorite by far.

overall its an awesome cd

reconmaster
09-18-2008, 08:52 PM
just picked up my copy today. there hasn't been a great album since the black album each one had a few good songs but i can listen to this one from start to finish like kill em all to the black album my favorites are the judas kiss, this was just your life, cyanide, the end of the line and my apocalypse

sportraxkid
09-19-2008, 12:55 AM
This cd is amazing ive been listening to it non stop the last week, st. anger was a joke!

ah665
09-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Maybe if your def.

by no means, but '88= ...and justice for all. please tell me you arent counting that

grim one
09-19-2008, 04:04 PM
selloutica hasent done anything good since the early 80s
kill em all, ride the lighting and the no life till leather demo are the best they ever did when the were real metal

****, I saw metallica open for raven back in 83 on the kill em all for one tour

DEAL
09-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ah665
by no means, but '88= ...and justice for all. please tell me you arent counting that

No way , the new album is good but you couldn't compare it to and justice for all.

TWISTED
09-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by grim one
selloutica hasent done anything good since the early 80s
kill em all, ride the lighting and the no life till leather demo are the best they ever did when the were real metal

****, I saw metallica open for raven back in 83 on the kill em all for one tour

Raven.......... True old school......

Benjithx
09-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Wow, I got a lot of Flak for saying the new Metallica was good in a prior thread!!!

...anyway my girl just bought me concert tickets for Metallica on Dec. 1 for my b-day

Going to kick ***:devil:

QuadJunkies
09-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Benjithx
Wow, I got a lot of Flak for saying the new Metallica was good in a prior thread!!!

IT must have been alot of peeps with no good taste in music ....:D

Benjithx
09-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Lol, damn right

ah665
09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
No way , the new album is good but you couldn't compare it to and justice for all.

yes, i agree. i think its better than st anger, load and re-load. its on par with the black album, but it still doesnt compare to the first 4. thats ok though, because its still a great cd and you cant expect them to out-do the cds they made when they were in their prime.

K-Dub
09-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I believe any true Metallica fan thats been there since the begining will agree with this statement. Metallica hasnt been the same since Cliff died in the bus crash! The last album Cliff worked on was Master of Puppets. And Justice for all was a great album but it just doesnt have the edge to it the first three albums did. And Justice is the first album that you can hear the change and the edge leave and it progreced to the Black album and so fourth. I have heard one song off the new album forget its name but in the video it has solders in the desert. Wasnt a bad song for anyone else, but not what I want from Metallica. I wanna hear more songs like Seek and Destry, Hit the lights, Jump in the fire, Metal milita, Creeping dealth, The four horseman, Master of puppets, and so on. I have alot of Cds but usally you will find one of the first three Metallica Cds in my player. People asked if I dont ever get tired of the same 3 Cds, I answer yea but I havnt found anything thats sounds like this.

Long live Cliff Burton. RIP

ah665
09-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub
I believe any true Metallica fan thats been there since the begining will agree with this statement. Metallica hasnt been the same since Cliff died in the bus crash! The last album Cliff worked on was Master of Pupputs. And Justice for all was a great album but it just doesnt have the edge to it the first three albums did. And Justice is the first album that you can hear the change and the edge leave and it progreced to the Black album and so fourth. I have heard one song off the new album forget its name but in the video it has solders in the desert. Wasnt a bad song for anyone else, but not what I want from Metallica. I wanna hear more songs like Seek and Destry, Hit the lights, Jump in the fire, Metal milita, Creeping dealth, The four horseman, Master of pupputs, and so on. I have alot of Cds but usally you will find one of the first three Metallica Cds in my player. People asked if I dont ever get tired of the same 3 Cds, I answer yea but I havnt found anything thats sounds like this.

Long live Cliff Burton. RIP

i can def agree with most of what you said. i do however think 'justice' was still pretty awsome. the change is def there but i still group it with the first three...then the black album and this new one are the 2nd tier, then load and i think re-load and st. anger are terrible. thats just how i group them, my opinion. but yes, Burton was one-of -a-kind and they will never replicate the sound of that era. their first cds are simply amazing. this new one, however, is a great cd. considering their age and all, i cant see how anyone couldve expected the new cd to be this good. cause we all know they werent gonna release something thatll top the first 4, its just not possible at this point.

K-Dub
09-22-2008, 09:00 PM
I went to one of the reload concerts as it was my first chance to see Metallica live. Free ticket and everything, I was affraid that they wouldnt play the old stuff. They did but played most of it acustic. Then there was a group of teenage guys standing next to us and one said something to me about not headbanging to the music. I replied when they get to the good stuff I will, his reply what do you mean their good stuff. I said Killem all, ride the lightning, and Masters. The guys was like what are you talking about wasnt there first album the Black album one did say they knew of And Justice for all. I toldem that they better find those three albums if they wanted to hear real Metallica. Swore Id never go back and I havnt. People forget that the first three albums went gold/platnum without any radio play, just word of mouth. Sometimes I think Metallica forgets this also.