PDA

View Full Version : Riding with the kids

nordic quad
09-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Got a chance to ride a few laps with my son at the local youth mx track to day,and i gess i am proud to say i just could not keep up,my boy Sondre 6.5years was on the Apex and me pushing 35 was on a Suzuki Z 400,so i guess a faster quad is worth nothing without the seat time,these boyz really flyes thru the corners and jump fearless its fun to look at from this angle.
Stein A

BradLoomis
09-13-2008, 05:38 PM
CONGRATS on getting beat by your kid!!!!

It is one of those bitter sweet losses that makes you really proud when it happens. We got into racing for the family aspect of it, and haven't regretted one minute.

nordic quad
09-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Well i guess i was proud to be beaten this time,we are lucky to have the nearest mx tracks only 10 mins avay so we are at the tracks min 2 days a week ,my wife is also in the kiosk selling waffels and sodas and my daugther age 3 helping her out so its definately a family thing, but i need to get my own quad and get some more seat time.It was really fun riding again.
Stein A :) :)

QuadJunkies
09-13-2008, 10:19 PM
My kids still cant beat me on FT ...:D

But they will SCHOOL there ole Mom on the MX now ..:o
:ermm:

Kelseys wants ot line it up with me sooooo bad..
I cant bring myslf to do it though:p
lol

I cant wait for the day when my Husband and Son get to enter a race together.. that is one dream my husband has had for a long time to do.
I think another will be when both our kids are on full sized quads so we can hit the big sand bowls at Saint Anthonys all together. :)

nordic quad
09-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Well at at age 9 my son can start trayning on a Raptor 250 or Blaster etc.So then we can train on the full size tracks together,he will be alowed to race it from age 10 but i will be in a differen class for the races,but it will be fun to train together still but i best get more seat time so i can keep up.
Stein A :D :D :D

Bill Lemans
09-15-2008, 03:58 PM
That's the best loss there is ! I haven't ridden the track with my son yet, but when we trail ride up north ya can't shake him on the moguls or tight and twisties. More than once I thought I lost him cuz I didn't hear him. No such luck , he was just off the throttle........