PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Honda 250 fourtrax..How do I get it in reverse?

jugriggs
09-13-2008, 12:55 PM
This is a crazy question but I know it has reverse. There isnt any type of lever on the case to engage it. All the way down is neutral. It doesnt seem you engage it with the shifter. There is a push button on the handle bars that I dont know what it does, but push button reverse? I wouldnt think so. I am thinking its controlled by the shifter maybe it should go neutral, down one more is reverse? So I dont know if I am missing something or reverse is out.

WV_Z400
09-13-2008, 01:05 PM
All honda utilty 4-wheelers i've rode has a red button on the left brake handle for reverse. Make sure the brake handle is all the way out. Push the button in, squeeze brake handle while button is still in and gear down.

Hope that helps.

jugriggs
09-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Dang front brake doesnt work. Probably wont engage then. I dont see a red button there. Could it be somewhere else?

WV_Z400
09-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Well it may not be a red button, but there should be some kind of button there. And the front brake doesn't have to work. My grandfathers '87 trx350 front brakes didn't work and we had no problems with it. So just look for some kind of button up there.