PDA

View Full Version : 2008 GNCC Series-Round #10 - SnowShoe - ATV - Race Coverage

Admin
09-13-2008, 11:29 AM
There isn't any communication from the track, so updates will not be available during the race, but I did get the morning results from the gncc website site, and they are uploaded.

Morning ATV Race Results <li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc-2008-10-morning-atv-results-class.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Morning ATV Results By Class</font></a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc-2008-10-morning-atv-results-overall.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Morning ATV Overall Results</font></a> </li>

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Live feed is up but may be not be right

Pro

Ryan Lane
Adam Mcgill
Chris Borich
Bill Ballance

but now says

Taylor Kiser
Johnny Gallagher
Jarrod Mcclure
Chris Bithell
Brandon Sommers

Pro am

Tyler Lening
Brian Wolf
Richie Brown
Kevin Yoho
Donald Ockerman

Remember this is the first lap and nothing is official. I'm sure they will get it corrected.

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 12:24 PM
After Correction

Ryan Lane
Adam McGill
Chris Borich
Bill Ballance
Matt Smiley
Bryan Cook
Taylor Kiser
Johnny Gallagher
Jarrod McClure
Chris Bithell
Brandon Sommers

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Pro am
Tyler Lenig
Brian Wolf
Richie Brown
Kevin Yoho
Donald Ockerman
Blake Kramer
Mark Notman
Matthew Copley
Josh Kirkland
Rob Hertz

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 12:27 PM
First lap overall

Lane
Mcgill
Lenig
Borich
Ballance
Smiley
Cook
Wolf
Kiser
Gallagher
Brown
McClure
Bithell

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 12:32 PM
College A
Bright
Pigott
Cornell
Koontz
Bowman

Collleg B
Ferguson
Konecheck
Cornwelll
Bithell
Matthews

Jr A
Shankel
Craig
Stone
Draper
Dickerson
Seaman

Jr B
Deceasre
Symmes
Marley
Shelsted
Schoolcraft

Vet A
Petroff
Switzer
Thompson
Delaney
Hallabeck

Vet B
Flatt
Wilson
Mudd
Jenks
Chambers

Sr A
Pritchard
Simmons
Bishop
Wright
Hess

Sr B
Dunn
Deschamps
Gibson
Stover
Forrester

Sport
Cashion

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Lap 2

Adam McGill
Chris Borich
Jarrod McClure
Bill Ballance
Ryan Lane

pro am

Tyler Lenig

Overall
Mcgill
Borich
McClure
Lenig
Ballance
Lane
Kiser
Sommers
Gallagher
Smiley
Cook

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 01:11 PM
It must be one brutal track.

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Only about 2/3 rds of the field has completed 2 laps:eek2:

Mcgill still leads on lap 3
Ballance in second by less than 1 second

Scro
09-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Lenig is on fire!!!

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 01:21 PM
After 3 laps complete

McGill
Ballance
Lenig
McClure
Borich
Sommers

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Lenig is on fire!!!

Yes he is! He may just well be on the podium:macho

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Adam McGill takes the win
Bill Ballance takes second

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Jarrod McClure takes third

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Adam McGill
Bill Ballance
Jarrod McClure
Johnny Gallagher
Brandon Sommers
Chris Borich
Tyler Lenig

Pro Am
Tyler Lenig

bmskid
09-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Good job Jarrod!!!!!

grantmi
09-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Anyone know what happened to the Can-Am Pro's? Overheating, or did they both break something?

Simon MX49
09-13-2008, 02:22 PM
WAY TO GO MCGILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

etccb
09-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by grantmi
Anyone know what happened to the Can-Am Pro's? Overheating, or did they both break something?

The dnf450 strikes again,and again.:(

Johnny & Monica
09-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Pro am
Tyler Lenig
Richie Brown
Kevin Yoho

Simon MX49
09-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I hope the Can Am dnf450 is gone next year by coming out with an XC specific version, but the raditaors still in the same spot, so I doubt it

Pappy
09-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Brutal.....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3055/2855152398_17e4ea5fc6_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2856646429_e6e079ed5e_o.jpg

Lurkin
09-14-2008, 03:24 PM
pappy, please tell me you got at least one of me on the start. i had people running at the fence. LOL

Pappy
09-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Lurkin
pappy, please tell me you got at least one of me on the start. i had people running at the fence. LOL

LMAO...I might have been one of those running:devil:

I havent even looked through all the pics yet, they are watermarking and I will do coverage starting tonight.

I know my poor wife was about to have a fit. This was teh first GNCC she had been to since 2007 (Lorettas) and I was nursing a broken foot so I wasnt getting to close to the action. When the first quad missed me by a foot in the first turn she was giving me that "look"..lol By the end of the day she was about to walk away as she couldnt take it anymore:devil:

I do know that was a brutal race, lord only knows how much money was wasted because it sure seemed like parts were destroyed everywhere:ermm: Not to mention the injuries...hope everyone that got tweaked heals up soon and also hope everyone has their mastercard ready to replace parts:scary:

Lurkin
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
my only complaint was the way they shortened the track. alot of people that started way back was screwed. while we was waiting the bottle neck out others was making little 5 mile laps.

Pappy
09-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I know it confused me. The leaders came by for lap 1....and i reset my position only to turn around and see the leaders again...

at first i was like:ruht roh george...someone cut the track" but then found out it was on purpose. I know a few pro riders told me that if the morning racers had run the entire track for the entire race that the afternoon would have been almost un rideable:eek2:

Lurkin
09-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I know it confused me. The leaders came by for lap 1....and i reset my position only to turn around and see the leaders again...

at first i was like:ruht roh george...someone cut the track" but then found out it was on purpose. I know a few pro riders told me that if the morning racers had run the entire track for the entire race that the afternoon would have been almost un rideable:eek2:

thats true. if people would take thier time out there and not try to win it on the first lap there would be alot less bottle necks(speaking of the moring race). once i got out of the bogus bypass someone sent me in i had zero trouble the rest of the race, never stuck once.

RaptorRacer45
09-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I 100% LOVED IT.....man it was like GNCC's Bristol but with Daytona speeds.......ive never experienced goin 4 wide on a 5th gear WOT feild at a GNCC, i know it wasnt triditional and probably wont happn again but for those 8 short laps i ran after lap 1 I was grinning the whole time.....I had a blast! I even had 2 stop for gas b/c It was so fast out there, and acctually sputted and stalled 20 ft from the checkered flag loosing 3 spots:ermm: ......but it was MUCH better than last year and i was plenty happy with how it was run!.....im still smiling about it!:D

mxracer
09-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Simon MX49
I hope the Can Am dnf450 is gone next year by coming out with an XC specific version, but the raditaors still in the same spot, so I doubt it

The Ds did not overheat this week end (everybody)

They got bad luck with loose rear sprocket (bithell), Jenks lost the shifter...

People on these forum always just look at the results and when there is a dnf they blame the bike immediatly...but there are a lot more than just the bike there are mechanics, riders, aftermarket, bad luck...and more

I am not saying that the Ds never had problems it did but not as much as people think, they broke aftermarket parts, had some crashes, some mechanics error, rider mistake...

Flynbryan19
09-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by mxracer
The Ds did not overheat this week end (everybody)

They got bad luck with loose rear sprocket (bithell), Jenks lost the shifter...

People on these forum always just look at the results and when there is a dnf they blame the bike immediatly...but there are a lot more than just the bike there are mechanics, riders, aftermarket, bad luck...and more

I am not saying that the Ds never had problems it did but not as much as people think, they broke aftermarket parts, had some crashes, some mechanics error, rider mistake...

Blah blah blah....... Its always something at every single race though. How many races have they finished this year? What maybe 3? How long do you have "fluk" problems before you start blaming the quad? If every quad had these problems you'd never see 3 riders on the podium after the race cause nearly everyone would be broke in the woods.... Come on. Pull the wool off your eyes. These quads have PROBLEMS. :o