PDA

View Full Version : 700xx Doulas/OMF Beadlocks 4sale

jd400
09-12-2008, 04:38 PM
These are sold...already!

Thanks to all.

I will leave this thread up just so everyone can see the pics.

I thought I would list these for sale here rather than the actual sale forum, since most 700 owners prolly won't look there yet...

I have listed my 700xx for sale recently (still available) and have already sold my Elkas and skids---thanks Dave!

I had ordered these wheels before I new I would have to sell the 700xx, and they arrived a couple of days ago.

They are completely new. I opened the boxes and stuck two bare wheels on the quad to make sure they fit and to see how it would look. ;)

The rears are 11" Douglas red label (.190) wheels with a factory size and offset. They clear the inner suspension with no problems.

I had OMF Performance custom make me 11" beadlocks for the outside of the wheels.

THESE ARE THE ONLY ONES IN EXISTENCE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

My thanks go out to Bones and all of the folks at OMF. They were willing to try something new in making these in an 11". These were custom made; not off of some production line! I most certainly will do business with them in the future, and I will urge anyone looking for quality, durability, and outright beauty in a beadlock to give them a call. I dealt with actual people to make these wheels, rather than a "company policy" on a website with an order form...

The front wheels are 10" Douglas rolled bead yellow label (.160) wheels with a 4-1 offset.

OMF also installed the beadlocks for the fronts to match the rear wheels for a complete set.

The front wheels will fit any of the sport Honda front ends...

These cost about $840.00 delivered a couple of days ago for the whole set!

The fronts were about $196 each, and the rears were about $198 each.

The shipping was a little over $40 for all four.

I am asking $SOLDSOLD shipped for the set.

They are completely new...That will save somebody $40 over what it will cost them to go out and order this exact same set.

This is a pretty good deal on the only set in exsistence...

I will take Paypal.

You can email me at SOLD.

My ebay id--- jd400ex

Pics on the 700xx
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/neindafact/001.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/neindafact/002.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/neindafact/005-1.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/neindafact/007-1.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/neindafact/009-1.jpg

trailin'me
09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
i stand corrected ... maybe im the 2nd person to purchase some wheels from OMF.

why you selling the quad?

jd400
09-12-2008, 09:53 PM
I had some financial issues come up for my business unexpectedly. I still have a 450r that I had intended to part out once I got the 700 going, but I figured that the 700 and practically new shocks and skids would fetch more cash than a 4 year old 450r.

I've aactually sold everything to do with the 700 except the quad. I'm not as desperate to liquidate, now...I do not really want to just give it away.

I still do have a few people interested, and it will probably sell in the next few days.

I do still like the 700; it's a power monster compared to my 450r.

trailin'me
09-12-2008, 10:19 PM
im sorry man. I wasn't trying to come get it for a steal ... was just curious to know if you had a problem with it.

It is a good quad ... i hope it works out for you and you are able to keep it ..at least stock for now.

jd400
09-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh, I know you weren't trying to steal it. It's cool :cool:

Things are already working themselves out, anyway.

I've still got other options to ride around between the 450r and my wife's and my father's.

Either way, I'm glad to see other people doing business with OMF. They really are first class all the way.

trailin'me
09-12-2008, 10:28 PM
i was speaking with "bones" from OMF about the wheels ... for the rears he seemed very willing to put the custom "clover leaf" inserts in the wheels while cutting out the solid centers ... ect...

we were both curious as to the offsets for the front ..and he spoke of one other customer that had purchased the fronts ... (must be you) .. what offset are your front wheels?

jd400
09-12-2008, 11:07 PM
I went with a 4-1 offset front.

I have been running that offset on my 450r for years. Your front brakes are further up inside the wheel for protection. Also, your front wheel is closer to centered over your ball joints, so trail obstacles have less leverage to pull the bars out of your hands (or your stabilizer).

I compared the stock wheels on my 700 to the 4-1 hipers on my 450, and they seemed about the same distance from the top ball joint.

I have a set of paddles on Douglas billet center wheels in a 3-2 offset, and they are wider and further from the ball joint. This is certainly not a prob for the dunes, but I prefer the 4-1 for xc or trails...

Just my opinion, though:D

trailin'me
09-15-2008, 01:34 AM
ill go with your suggestion. OMF is going to cut out the centers and replace it with the OMF powdercoated clover looking centers ... and match that with the beadlock ..i just cant decide on a good color..

im thinking a darker colored blue ...

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo359/survey77/atv3.jpg

jd400
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
That looks good, man!!!

I like those graphics.

How do you like the FMF?

trailin'me
09-15-2008, 10:33 AM
the graphics were the only ones i could find. The exhaust is loud for sure ... and after i dialed in the power commander i really llke the exhaust ... fit great... although its length makes it impossible to put a wide rear grab bar on it.

throttle response went from near instant to "right now" if you know what i mean ..and definitely no hiding from police while tearing *** away from them haha.

scuzz
09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by trailin'me
i was speaking with "bones" from OMF about the wheels ... for the rears he seemed very willing to put the custom "clover leaf" inserts in the wheels while cutting out the solid centers ... ect...

Yeah they won't work without it. (sutting the centers to match the flat part of the hub. If not, once you tighten the lugnuts you'll have a wobble. (or unless you put spacers there.)

Dave01
09-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I have been staring at the pics of the rims for the last 3 days and cant wait to get them mounted up on my 700. That will be the last.....yeah, right....... upgrade I do. Thanks again Chris

trailin'me
09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Dave01
I have been staring at the pics of the rims for the last 3 days and cant wait to get them mounted up on my 700. That will be the last.....yeah, right....... upgrade I do. Thanks again Chris

:D :D :D yeah ... get out the checkbook ... LOL ..hey ... its money well spent ... could easily spend this kind of money at some pub or strip bar on a weekend or 2 ...

memories are priceless ... especially riding kick *** atv's with friends... and racing ... even if its just with friends makes one feel alive... again money well spent...

too bad there isn't any 700 owners around here ..and really the economy is ****ty right now and I hope none of yall are effected by it.

Dave01
09-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by trailin'me
:D :D :D yeah ... get out the checkbook ... LOL ..hey ... its money well spent ... could easily spend this kind of money at some pub or strip bar on a weekend or 2 ...

memories are priceless ... especially riding kick *** atv's with friends... and racing ... even if its just with friends makes one feel alive... again money well spent...

too bad there isn't any 700 owners around here ..and really the economy is ****ty right now and I hope none of yall are effected by it.

Already bought some, but I am at work on the boat and wont be able to mount them up for a few weeks. You're right, money wel spent for sure.