PDA

View Full Version : comming up short

somewon
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Ok, here is what I absolutely love about IRS. I came up short on a double I had never tried before (threw me more up than out than I was expecting) and I came up short on the landing.

As i'm in the air I'm trying to get the front end down and thinking about how much this is going to hurt when I land.

My rears hit first into the face of the landing and then my fronts smacked down. The quad absorbed so much of the impact that I recovered and kept on going. No swapping or bucking, at all. Sure it was a rough landing, but no harm done.

Thank you Polaris.

SSJEFF
09-13-2008, 06:08 PM
I am guessing you had the shocks worked.

Do you ever come over to predatorowners.com

I would love to see what Duncan did to your quad!!! Any pictures?

somewon
09-13-2008, 07:17 PM
nope, the shocks are stock! All I did was adjust the preload. I really want to have them reworked, I think it would be phenominal then!

I go over to predator owners every once in a while, I will probably be spending more time over there this winter as I will not be riding as much (new kid).

Duncan did great things to my motor, but right now I'm keeping as a sleeper (I've still got the stock exhaust on it). Next year I plan to un-cork it and get the shocks taken care of.

They replaced every bearing in the motor (just in case) installed the big bore kit, and massaged the head. No wild cam, but we will see what happens next year. :)

somewon
09-15-2008, 11:26 PM
oh, I've got pics on page 19 of the post your outlaw thread.

scuzz
09-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I've noticed how well (how many times) having IRS has helped in my landings or vastly uneven surfaces.