PDA

View Full Version : Lights?

ThorMX17
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi, i just bought my 450R bout a week ago. The lights were removed. The guy said he sold them cause he didnt use them. I do alot of night riding so I need a cheap light setup. I looked at the trailtech hood setup but i dont like that too much. Lot of money and i want to remove the lights when im not trail riding at night. I will be using it on a track occasionally and for XC racing too. How many watts does the stock stator put out and how much does the fan and ignition pull? i believe those are the only 2 electrical things still on it. i was looking at a cheap setup at walmart that i can take off easy when im not using them. theyre 55 watt halogen lights. would the bike run those ok? mine is a kicker so i do not have to worry about the battery dying. and how would i wire that up? thanks in advance.

fandl450r
09-12-2008, 12:00 PM
What year is the 450? I have a stock headlight/shroud sitting in my room I'd sell for cheap.

ThorMX17
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
its a 05 but id need a hood too. mine has a custom hood.

fandl450r
09-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Well the light would work it's from an 04. I have the light, lower cowl, and stock hood if it's something you may be interested in.

bama06300ex
09-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Well I'm not sure cause I night ride as well and still have my stock hood, but if i'm not mistaken, since the aftermarket ones are a little bigger you have to drill holes for those little rubber fasteners and even tho a stock hood will snap right back into place you will be left w/ those empty holes showing. But like I said, not positive. If i'm wrong someone please correct me, wouldn't want to ill-inform anyone.

bama06300ex
09-15-2008, 04:27 PM
actually, that might just be on the aftermarket hoods that allow you to keep the light. But I have a quadtech hood at home (HLT-4 I think) and I can keep my light if I decide to put it on, but I know that it's bigger than stock and it came w/ rubber fasteners that I'll have to drill holes to install it.