PDA

View Full Version : Have YOU been caught driving drunk?

250rAL
09-12-2008, 08:36 AM
You know those commercials on TV about drunk driving- the ones that say you WILL get caught? I'm thinking the percentage of people that actually get caught is relatively small compared with how many people that have driven drunk. So, for those who have driven drunk, have you ever been caught? Now, no judgements on anybody here.

stoopidbot
09-12-2008, 08:40 AM
I have foolishly driven drunk, never been caught. Thank god! I won't do it anymore.

ALAMX37
09-12-2008, 09:08 AM
I used to party every weekend and thought nothing of driving drunk. I eventually recieved my fate and was booked for DUI. Shortly after that a dear friend to me crashed his car while driving drunk and killed himself and my girlfriend.
Nothing will impact you like something like that. I do everything in my power now to prevent people from driving drunk and am always more than willing to take people home. It is a terrible thing to do, sometimes you will get away, but it only takes once to destroy a life.

Ruby Soho
09-12-2008, 09:37 AM
neither:o

Exrider434
09-12-2008, 09:37 AM
why isnt there a selection for NEVER Driven Drunk Period?

Alberta_Qaudin
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
i've gotten one the morning after a party, about 8 years ago on my way to work hung over........i was pretty mad, but in hind site ya know what, hung over or not i blew well over and got what was coming to me, the fine wasnt much, but let me tell ya.....in cananda your first offence is fines plus 1 year suspension, then have fun affording any ins for 4-5 years after that so all and all, one party, and not calling in sick i pretty well consider set me back 4 years of my life.

its not worth it, no matter what the odds

ZeroLogic
09-12-2008, 10:34 AM
I use to drive drunk every weekend after parties. But I didn't get totally ****faced can't even walk. I would stop drinking about two hours before I leave. Never ever drove anyone in my truck when I was drunk. Havn't done it in quite some time.:macho

bwamos
09-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Don't drink. ;)

I am the permanent designated driver.

Kickstarts-suck
09-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Ive driven drunk once before and never will again. Very stupid thing for me to do.

Pipeless416
09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
its a scary thought to see that out of the votes so far, driving drunk and not getting caught seems to be the majority. for those that still continue to do it, thanks for putting my life and other's lives in danger, i appreciate it.

450raider
09-12-2008, 12:43 PM
wow ive never even got drunk.... much less driven drunk... for a few reasons the most personal being (without going much into it) is that i lost a close family member because a drunk sob hit him, but for other less personal reasons when i do go partying (not much) 90% of the time theres someone gunning for me for some reason or another so i just sit back and sip on a mojito, martini, or something of that sort that way if stuff happens im fully aware of it and can take care of it before whoever else knows whats going on, when us cousins get together and visit my/our papaw he pulls out the shine and beer and all it takes is a sip of that shine to straighten you up lol, but i cant stand the taste of beer, i just get it when there is absolutely nothing else... thats my take

coryatver
09-12-2008, 12:59 PM
In high school they pounded in are heads not to drink and drive. Then I got to drinking age and it doesn't take long to realize when you go out to the bar that pretty much everyone is driving drunk. It is pretty sad.

quad9
09-12-2008, 01:06 PM
my fealings are if you get caught driving drunk, you should never be allowed to have a drivers licence, or plates in your name again.
if you get in a crash you go to jail. period.
i got hit by a drunk when i was 19 and i will pay for his mistake for the rest of my life. was his 3rd DUI.

tman12345
09-12-2008, 01:17 PM
I think it is very foolish to drink and drive. I'm high school senior and one of my classmates just lost her legs because a drunk driver hit her. Of course the guy will probably go to jail for a while and get out, but now she has to deal with it for the rest of her life.

madskrillz2
09-12-2008, 01:49 PM
As bad as I hate to admit it, I've done it more times than I can count and I'm only 19. Sadly, I started doing it two weeks after I got my license. Lately I have been making the effort to not do it anymore. If I don't have a DD, then I don't drink. That's probably a good thing too because I was drinking WAY too much for my age. I know of this thing called KARMA and it eventually grabs you by the throat when you're not expecting it. I don't want all those times I've driven drunk to catch up to me in one moment.

Regular_Joe
09-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Generally people tend not to give a crap until it affects them in a very big way. If your on the receiving end of the drunk driver its a huge eye opener. Many times its just down right scary. I am a big stickler on no drunk driving, but then again I have been hit by one.

About 10 years ago this idiot hit me from behind on a single lane highway doing about 60-65mph. He then backed off, passed 3 big trucks via the oncoming lane, and ran. The cops found him about 3 miles up the road. He had pulled into a gas station for gas. He put the car in park and passed out. Never shut the car off, never got gas, just passed out with the car running ....

mineralgrey01gt
09-12-2008, 02:38 PM
have I before? Yes. Will I ever again, Hell no!

wilkin250r
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
The figure I heard was 300:1. On average, a person drives drunk 300 times for every one time caught. Of course, that's average, some do it a thousand times, some get caught on their second offense.

ricksmx865
09-12-2008, 04:17 PM
my best friend of 16 years was killed 3 days before his 17th birthday by a drunk driver.

if i go to a friend and we are drinking im staying there, if i go out anywhere else, im not drinking or have a safe way to get home

derekhonda
09-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
The figure I heard was 300:1. On average, a person drives drunk 300 times for every one time caught. Of course, that's average, some do it a thousand times, some get caught on their second offense.

That is a neat statistic. Don't dui's usually cost 5-10 grand by the time you pay all the fee's and fines (plus possible jail time and remorse and reputation) Sure makes taking a 10 dollar cab ride 300 times seem like a bargain.

416exfreak
09-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Dont drink. Have no intrest in alcohol.

After having a good friend on mine get raped, and me having to beat the ever living chit out the guy... Id rather just leave the stuff alone.

There are other ways of altering your mind.:chinese:

250rAL
09-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I should chime in on my own poll. I myself don't drink. I didn't put the third option(one of the moderators did) because I only wanted to know the percentage of DRUNK drivers that were caught, not how many drive drunk and how many don't.

Quad18star
09-12-2008, 08:33 PM
The sad reality is that most people don't actually think they are drunk. Some people say they only have a "little buzz" , but the fact is they are over the legal limit to drive.

If I drink , I always make sure I have a way to get home or a place to stay. Usually if we go out with friends we always have a DD or we arrange for a cab to pick us up.

25 cents for a phone call or $20 for a cab is a lot better than 10 years in jail , huge fines or the guilt of having killed someone.

700bRad
09-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Guess im 1 of the 7 that have been caught. Got a dui the summer of 07'. Not fun, dont do it. My parents told me that if I ever go to jail, i better get used to it. And I was thinking about that in the jail cell... but at 7:00am the next morning my cell door opened and my mom was standing their crying... Worst day/weekend of my life. The next day my dad was having his yearly campout in the woods and ended up getting impailed by a stick 2 inches in diameter and 3 inches deep into his thigh. Came 1 centimeter away from his major artory. Yea God was trying to tell us something.. That was the third time ive been arrested. The first 2 were minor consumption's but I didnt have to go to jail. Ive made some pretty dumb *** decisions but its made me who I am today, and wouldnt change any of it.

09-12-2008, 11:49 PM
I only drove my car drunk 1 time and 4 wheeler 2 times over a year ago but I have been in cars and trucks hundreds of times with drunk drivers. Also drove the car 1 time buzzed but I know I wasnt over .08 Drove my pocket bike drunk a few times to and once when i was 16 a cop caught me on it and I ran in to my house and sprayed axe all in my mouth lol and then answered the door lol And I rode my pedal bike wasted many times. Not like im going to kill any one on it.

Hows this for somthing. A cop in my town gets drunk alot. Well few months back he was off duity and was wasted driving his car. A cop pulled him over. No what happened? They let him go with a warning. The on duity chick cop that was with another guy cop and the chick wanted to arrest the drunk driving cop but the guy said just let him go so they did and he still has his job as a cop busting drunk drivers. :rolleyes:

wilkin250r
09-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by ltr450fly
They let him go with a warning. The on duity chick cop that was with another guy cop and the chick wanted to arrest the drunk driving cop but the guy said just let him go so they did and he still has his job as a cop busting drunk drivers. :rolleyes:

We had a similar situation a few months back, but much more bizarre. A female officer driving drunk, and got caught, and was arrested. The on-duty officer that arrested her was her own husband.

That guy is never getting laid again...

Kickstarts-suck
09-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
We had a similar situation a few months back, but much more bizarre. A female officer driving drunk, and got caught, and was arrested. The on-duty officer that arrested her was her own husband.

That guy is never getting laid again...

:eek2:

250x_kyle
09-13-2008, 12:56 PM
a 21 year old died in a dui crash this week about 3 miles from my house. hit an embankment rolled and got ejected onto teh road. i know people who do it and its stupid. som people pay with there life or a life altering injury some will never get caught. is it worth the risk no. personaly i know fire fighters would more than gladly not have to cut ur body out of a car. dont think it cant and wont happen to you because thats when it will happen.

400exrider99
09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Don't drink. ;)

I am the permanent designated driver. haha me too. at most i have had 2 shots and that is it. but for my 21st b-day im going to vegas so ei will see if it continues in vegas

09-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Half the people here dont drink or drive yet. If the poll was mostly 18+year olds voting the percent for ""I have driven drunk and NEVER been caught"" would probably be alot higher than it is on this poll.

250rAL
09-14-2008, 09:23 AM
If you ignore the third option, that will get rid of all the votes by non-drinkers and non-drivers. That leaves,at this point, only 20% of the drunk drivers getting caught. Scary thought isn't it.