PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me what is missing?

represent618
09-12-2008, 08:19 AM
There is an overflow/vent tube that runs down and clips into the factory plastic skid plate on the right side front...mine is missing and I did not pay any attention to where it went to until I noticed it gone when I changed my oil last night.

There is a spot on the plastic "skid plate" that this tube clips into, it is (was) about a half inch rubber hose.

could anyone help me out and take a peak at their bike and tell me what this tube is?

Thanks. I appreciate the support!

Sjorge450R
09-12-2008, 09:56 AM
I am gonna go ahead and guy the the coolant line? Not sure what it is. Maybe pressure release? Does it come out of the right crank case cover? Towards the front where the radiator lines go in? Not sure how the 07's look off the top of my head.

ThorMX17
09-12-2008, 10:44 AM
a pic would help.

represent618
09-12-2008, 11:04 AM
I think that is it, I just didn`t see where it should connect to....is that a coolant overflow?

Sjorge450R
09-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by represent618
I think that is it, I just didn`t see where it should connect to....is that a coolant overflow?

it doesnt connect to any thing. It just connects to the area around the impeller and the other end goes through the factory skid and just hangs there

quadgod440ex
09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I believe that is the line for if your water pump goes bad.... if you see coolant flowing out of that tube then either your water pump seal is bad or your impeller. Im pretty sure thats what it is. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

IMSROLL450R
09-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by quadgod440ex
I believe that is the line for if your water pump goes bad.... if you see coolant flowing out of that tube then either your water pump seal is bad or your impeller. Im pretty sure thats what it is. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

That is correct, when my mechanical seal went bad I had water pouring out of there.