PDA

View Full Version : got some teeth pulled

mod440ex
09-11-2008, 10:27 PM
well i went to the dentist today to get a tooth pulled. well its bad enough thinking that you have to get a tooth pulled, but when the doc looked at my x ray and seen i still had my wisdom teeth and that they where coming in crokked he was like both of them are going to have to come out. i was like okay 3 teeth are going to be coming out, nope there was a cist growing on the other side of my teeth so there is 4. then hes like well we might has well pull out the ones in the back on top because they are not going to be contacting anything when i bite down. so all in all i get 6 teeth pulled out. i am getting ready to get put to sleep, but they cant find my veins, i have really small veins. so after poking me on my arms aout a half a dozen times he asks me how many i wanna have done this trip since i wont be knocked out, lets do em all doc i dont wanna have to go through the pain twice. so i get to listen and somewhat feel them jerking on my teeth. well they are out now and it looks like i got clocked on boths sides of my jaw, but at least i wont have to go through this again.

quad9
09-12-2008, 01:08 PM
it affects people differently. when i got mine pulled it was no big deal. i went water sking the next day, with no issue.

pro-rider46
09-12-2008, 02:15 PM
i got mine pulled all one day too. all four wisdoms were impacted. i looked like a damn chipmunk for a week. it sucked.

mod440ex
09-12-2008, 02:56 PM
yeah thats kinda how i look right now

quad2xtreme
09-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by mod440ex
yeah thats kinda how i look right now

take it easy and don't do anything stupid that causes you to get dry sockets. If this happens, well...don't let it happen.

mod440ex
09-13-2008, 08:57 PM
yeah i think the worst is over, they told me ot to spit or gargle, or do anything like that. now all i have to do is get the swelling down.

Quad18star
07-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Bumping this cause I don't want to start another thread.

Just got back from my 8am appoi ntment at the Dentis .... got a wisdom tooth pulled that had broken on me over a year ago.

It took some forcing but he got it out ... it was about an inch in length ... 1/2 inch in diameter and because it was starting to rot , it got soft and had started joining to my jaw bone.

Gunna be a sore couple of days I imagine ... Ibuprofin , Penecilin and Tylenol#3 for the next few days.

Back to the dentist next wednesday to pull another broken tooth ... and then make an appointment to have yet another broken tooth pulled. 3 teeth in 2 weeks ..:huh

jcv400ex
07-30-2009, 07:48 AM
I woulda got em all done at once Greg! MAN I HATE having teeth pulled. Wisdom are by far the worst. I was awake for mine also. I get sick from pain pills, so it was Advil and lay my face in a bucket of ice for two days....noise hurt, light hurt....it sucked.

Quad18star
07-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
I woulda got em all done at once Greg! MAN I HATE having teeth pulled. Wisdom are by far the worst. I was awake for mine also. I get sick from pain pills, so it was Advil and lay my face in a bucket of ice for two days....noise hurt, light hurt....it sucked.

I wanted to have them all done ... but the dentist only had 45 minutes for me today. I've never put put out for any type of dental work .. always just some freezing and away we go.

The wisdom was bad today ... it started breaking apart when he tried pulling on it . He was finally able to get a grip on a solid enough piece and forced like a SOB. I might be more sore from him forcing than the tooth comming out. :ermm: Worst sound ever , is the echo of the tooth comming loose in your head. :huh

derekhonda
07-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Just like stated above, just affects people differently and I think also depends big time on how easy the dentist was able to get them out.

I got all four of mine done at once, had a bunch of vicodin took one after the surgery, and then that was it felt ok only a couple hours after the surgery and never needed anymore pain meds, think I lucked out.

8my_Cash
07-30-2009, 11:27 AM
I had 4 wisdom teeth out this year, I told them to put me under didnt feell like hearing that noise. My recovery was horrible, i wish it was like what everyone else here stated haha.

m0t0xk1d
07-30-2009, 12:52 PM
uh i have to get mine out soon i got a consultation set up next week thanks for the pleasant recovery stories im real excited now