PDA

View Full Version : WTB: CRF Hybrid

R3Concepts
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Im looking for another CRF Hybrid, ever since we got rid of our LSR/PEP bike Ive wanted another one.

Needs to be as clean as possible, and Im kind of a stickler about what I want:

No Conversions.
No Elkas.
Axis or PEP only.
No Junk.

Would like to get a Laeger or another LSR bike.

vAnS_77
09-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Why no elka's, you hater :P. I would sell you mine, just got it built for a grand total of 11 grand. What did I get myself into?!?!?

R3Concepts
09-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by vAnS_77
Why no elka's, you hater :P. I would sell you mine, just got it built for a grand total of 11 grand. What did I get myself into?!?!?

Cause they are crap IMO. Wanna sell it? Post up a pic if you do.

vAnS_77
09-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Ya, If I would have done it right I would have gotten axis custom, but at a price. I don't think elka's are cheap, but they are deff the production shock of the aftermarket if you get what I mean.

benroels
09-12-2008, 01:12 PM
I know its not a CRF, but my good buddy is putting his KTM 520 up for sale. LSR frame, 250R geometry, LT, Gibson, Axis, no link, no expense spared. I know he put over 20K in it. His name is Glen 970-904-6416 Its by far the best thing I've ever ridden

ss440ex
09-12-2008, 01:41 PM
R3,
Look up Figair...Eddie had a very clean LSR/CRF
with Axis.

He may still have it,I believe he still cks in here at times.

vAnS_77
09-12-2008, 02:50 PM
His isn't a true lsr crf frame though(Figair). It doesn't have the geo that an lsr frame has frame wields, geo, etc. Nice bike indeed, but not a true crf bike.

ovalracer44
09-12-2008, 04:56 PM
i have a legacy viper framed crf 450 i may be willing to part with send me your email and i will send you some pics. it has 250r geo. thanks, jerry 813-532-7174

yfz450bb07
09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
A buddy of mine is selling his houser crf that he is the original owner of. I beleive he had between 18-22k when he put it together. Its full houser frame, arms, stem, swing-arm, custom axis. Bike really rips he's only selling cause he blew out is knee a few years back and can't race anymore. I beleive he's asking $5700??

ss440ex
09-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Eddie`s (figair) is a complete 03 LSR frame Hybrid...

With a 03 crf engine.

Do a search and ck it out!

Lynch01ex
09-13-2008, 10:07 AM
jrspawn has a full laeger, PEP, crf for sale. Wouldnt find a nicer bike anywere

outacontrol
09-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Lynch01ex
jrspawn has a full laeger, PEP, crf for sale. Wouldnt find a nicer bike anywere

Yeah that was mine, i sold it to jrspawn and he powdered it. I think R3 offered to buy it off me when i had it for sale this spring.

R3Concepts
09-13-2008, 01:17 PM
No thanks on the Houser CRF, KTM or Legacy bike.

Eddies white bike is a LSR CRF with 400ex geometry and is a super nice bike. Id be interested if he still had it.

Ive talked to Justin about the Leager bike, and its a little more than Id like to pay, but its a great bike.

Thanks to everyone else trying to help.

jrspawn
09-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
Yeah that was mine, i sold it to jrspawn and he powdered it. I think R3 offered to buy it off me when i had it for sale this spring.

Unfortunetly(for me i guess, but good for the new owner) it got ALOT more than just powder.....

R3, i might be able to get my hands on an lsr crf, ill let you know if i can find something for ya.

Thank you
Justin

outacontrol
09-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Unfortunetly(for me i guess, but good for the new owner) it got ALOT more than just powder.....

R3, i might be able to get my hands on an lsr crf, ill let you know if i can find something for ya.

Thank you
Justin

Justin i think you know what i was getting at. all the components were there when you got it off me, with the exception of you updating the peps, bushings,and putting your yellow and blue touch on things. Anyone who comes on this forum knew the quad when i had it from being quad of the month, and knew i was selling it this last spring and for what price and what was already on it... good luck with the sale.....

jrspawn
09-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
Justin i think you know what i was getting at. all the components were there when you got it off me, with the exception of you updating the peps, bushings,and putting your yellow and blue touch on things. Anyone who comes on this forum knew the quad when i had it from being quad of the month, and knew i was selling it this last spring and for what price and what was already on it... good luck with the sale.....

Again it wasnt just a simple throw some bushings and powder job. As we went over when you brought it down the first time and told me you were unaware of the problems i showed you in that short amount of time. I should have looked more into myself. Into the build i came across many issues. Every part of the main chassis needed fab work(except for the a-arms themselves) including, frame, swinger, motor mounts, and the t pin. The rear shock wasnt even rebuildable(got a new rear , i was able to use the main spring though) fronts were also in bad shape(also updated the cans). Axle, carrier bearings, sprocket hub, and antifade were shot from being ran loose. Rear linkage was unusable(never lubed and had to be cut out) Motor had numerous issues(besides the oil and coolant leaks with rtv sealing some of it up) engine was gone through and good to go now. New fenders, seat, new hood, new handguards, new bars, new grips, all new bearings and bushings throughout the entire quad, new brakes, and much much more not even including labor, but ill stop there.

Not blaming you at all for any of these problems, like you said when you brought it down the first time, you didnt know about them and i believed you. But at the same time i just want to let you and everyone reading this know the extent of what was done. It is a Compete Fresh quad now. Not even compairable to the condition it was when i purchased it. Again not blaming you or pointing a finger, just dont want people thinking This quad was just a cosmetic redo.

Thank you
Justin

And sorry for getting off topic here:( Lets get back to getting r3 another hybrid:D

figair
09-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks Al,,
And yes I still have my LSR/crf for sale if interested..
4,700 takes it...

250Renvy
09-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Again it wasnt just a simple throw some bushings and powder job. As we went over when you brought it down the first time and told me you were unaware of the problems i showed you in that short amount of time. I should have looked more into myself. Into the build i came across many issues. Every part of the main chassis needed fab work(except for the a-arms themselves) including, frame, swinger, motor mounts, and the t pin. The rear shock wasnt even rebuildable(got a new rear , i was able to use the main spring though) fronts were also in bad shape(also updated the cans). Axle, carrier bearings, sprocket hub, and antifade were shot from being ran loose. Rear linkage was unusable(never lubed and had to be cut out) Motor had numerous issues(besides the oil and coolant leaks with rtv sealing some of it up) engine was gone through and good to go now. New fenders, seat, new hood, new handguards, new bars, new grips, all new bearings and bushings throughout the entire quad, new brakes, and much much more not even including labor, but ill stop there.

Thank you
Justin

And that's why race quads that had 20K to build only sell for $5000 or less.

I'm of the opinion that people only sell when everything needs replacing, and that's why a good percentage of people would rather buy a new quad than somebodies used/beat machine and spend just as much money and down time to fix it. And that's why I chose to start a scatch built machine. I'm hesitant to even buy used for it cause I don't want to end up spending close to new to fix stuff.

Back to topic - R3 are you only looking for CRF cause there is a pretty nice YZ426 laeger on a t v s c e n e . c o m as well as walsh yz450 and some others including a CRF Laeger copy (lovins)

R3Concepts
09-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by figair
Thanks Al,,
And yes I still have my LSR/crf for sale if interested..
4,700 takes it...

Can you email me some pics? Is it still in the same shape it was?

mosgotsand@aol.com

R3Concepts
09-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
And that's why race quads that had 20K to build only sell for $5000 or less.

I'm of the opinion that people only sell when everything needs replacing, and that's why a good percentage of people would rather buy a new quad than somebodies used/beat machine and spend just as much money and down time to fix it. And that's why I chose to start a scatch built machine. I'm hesitant to even buy used for it cause I don't want to end up spending close to new to fix stuff.

Back to topic - R3 are you only looking for CRF cause there is a pretty nice YZ426 laeger on a t v s c e n e . c o m as well as walsh yz450 and some others including a CRF Laeger copy (lovins)

Id rather a CRF. I can make a Honda run. The Lovins bike over there is nice.

figair
09-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes, pretty much same condition.. I have taken out twice since you seen the pics, only to run it abit..

vAnS_77
09-26-2008, 09:58 PM
fig, i would have bought that quad in an instant. I had to put 6 more grand into my 4500 purchase of just a frame and motor. The swinger and stuff came free, but the back axle was bent...lol. Well nice quad man! comon guys its a friggin steal, thats such a nice quad.