PDA

View Full Version : TPS pug removal

DirtyDawg
09-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I installed my PCIII and used the wire tap that comes with it. The instructions said to unplug the harness from the TPS and use the wire tap on the yellow wire. Man...I could not get my fingers in there to unplug the thing, and was affaid to try and pry at it (didnt want to jack up the plug) so I pulled the left side motor mount and crimped that cheesy wire tap on. I really want to solder that connection together and eliminate that POS wire tap. Is there an easy way of unpluging the TPS? I have a real bad habit of gorilla'n shxx and breakin' it.

09-12-2008, 08:59 AM
a flathead will work good. Go from the front with a flathead and around the back with your other hand. pry and pull. Get rid of that wire tap asap. it will cut your wire and ruin your day

jerret125
09-12-2008, 09:52 AM
yea the wire tap sucks it did cut my wire. when i repaired it i hard wired the pc3 at the plug and put a new conection under the seat were the pc3 tps wire comes out of the harness so i wouldnt have to unplug my tps all the time.

DirtyDawg
09-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys,
I will give it another shot today.I got my FuelATV intake via ups today so im gunna be in there anyway. Maybe with a little more room to work with the intake out to get my fat axx hands an fingers in there. Now all I need is my pipe and I'm stylin'

DirtyDawg
09-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Ok. got the plug out, spliced in a lead with a connector so I can pull the PC3 out with no hassle,and installed intake and air box. Went for a couple laps around the block, and everything works fine. Kinda expected a little more umff from the bike, but I still don't have a pipe yet. That will be coming soon though.Still gotta save a couple more benjamin's. I hope when the pipe goes on I'm a little more impressed