PDA

View Full Version : thinking about gettin out of the game

440racer66
09-11-2008, 08:56 PM
well guys im a senior in high school and im thinkin about stayin out of racing for good. im thinkin about selleng the quad and getting a street bike of some sort. who else is thinkin the same sad thought?

elkablaster94
09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I have been phasing out of it over the past few years, racing less and less every season. Im gonna focus on college now, give the money I make off my bike to the little brother so hopefully he can enjoy racing as much as I had. Sucks but sometimes you gotta make sacrifices

elkablaster94
09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I have been phasing out of it over the past few years, racing less and less every season. Im gonna focus on college now, give the money I make off my bike to the little brother so hopefully he can enjoy racing as much as I had. Sucks but sometimes you gotta make sacrifices

440racer66
09-11-2008, 09:07 PM
it was fun while it lasted o yea heres the bike its up for sale

ZeroLogic
09-11-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't race, just ride at tracks. About a year ago I was thinking about getting out of the sport as well. But I said what the hell, I'll go to the track one more time and see how it is. I havn't been at a track for 6 or so months and man. What was I thinking! Just stop spending money on your bike. And just ride once a week or so. You'll save a bunch of money and still be able to ride. :macho

rollie
09-11-2008, 09:29 PM
im also a senior in high school but I wouldnt get rid of my quad, hell even if it sits in the back of the garage, atleast you know you've still got a badass race quad for whenever you want to ride it, next year will probably be my last FULL season until i get out of college, but i agree with zerologic and remember, once you sell your $10,000+ race quad, Your not going to be able to afford one again while your in college, and probably not for a few years after you graduate, this has happened to a few of my friends:( , the was i look at is, Keep it and have fun, you've got the rest of your life to work!!

Moto49X
09-11-2008, 09:33 PM
You only live once brother. I sold out awhile back, bought a streetbike, and i'll tell you what. I would rather be racing than on that boring *** bike. Their cool an all, fun at times, but going to a new state every couple weeks and racing was 10x better.

450raider
09-11-2008, 09:35 PM
well i dont think ill ever really totally quit riding, cheifly because i didnt start riding till i was 18 (got first quad at 16 but couldnt just go at any time), and when you grow up with little then get something nice you want to hang onto it for as long as you can and make up for lost time, but i have thought about taking a peek into the bike world but its really just not me not now anyway, cause for one i got a cousin whos really good on em and been riding forever and it would look like im copying him, and when you do get one around here you have to worry about insurance because everyone guns for "the fancy f'n feller on the f'n crotchrocket".... so quads yes... bikes not yet but maybe someday.... point being why not do both?

blacknblue#2
09-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I dont think ill get out of it for a while, but then again i wasnt in it in school, I mean i have rode since i was 5 but that was around home, When i turned 16 i had a 400ex and done alot of trail riding, when i turned 18 i had a 450R, a good job and alot of extra cash so i built an MX set-up and got decent at what i do, now im hooked. but if i had done it through school i might have a different outlook

Sjorge450R
09-12-2008, 10:02 AM
don't do it man. I was going to do the same thing, then i realized exactly what everyone else was saying. As long as the quad is paid off you are set. Its not costing you ANY MONEY. Not loosing a dime. Keep it. Ride it when you want. I am in college and my quad hasn't been raced/ridden hard in about 2 months. I have a friend of mine taking it out in November to race it. Its just a great feeling knowing that i have it there for whenever i want.

fandl450r
09-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Just get both, I contemplated selling my 450 after buying my GSXR, but am glad I didn't. You may not race as much as you'd like but open practices are still fun :)

xsr_racing28c
09-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Dont' get out man! This seems like the never ending story that I hear about all of the time and 99% of the time, thos people are the ones whining a year down the road about how much they messed up.

I have a streetbike as well as a quad and have another quad on the way. If you can't afford both its not work getting rid of the quad in the first place.

I've got an 08 Ducati 848, and it doesn't get much better as far as bikes go, but I have way more fun on my quads. Trust me, you'll regret it if you back out on atv's!!!!!!!

Jay

trick450r
09-12-2008, 03:57 PM
I quit racing two seasons ago due to family issues. I sold the trailer and most of the equipment BUT the quad is still sitting in the garage, i ride it prolly once a week or so for 30 mins maybe just to keep it in running condition.

Just think about how much you lose selling it. I dont know about you guys but when its all said and done i have an easy 20k in my setup and what can i get 6 grand? 6,500 if im lucky? NO thanks, i'd rather have the sickest garage ornament in town for that price.

I have plans of putting it in a display case and making a bar on top of it later in life...should be sickkkk

250x_kyle
09-13-2008, 01:16 PM
the question is are you going to be able to aford the insurance on a rocket being a senior in high school. its not cheap.

One_Bad_400
09-13-2008, 01:39 PM
i wouldnt get out of it completly. i dont see why you would. if you want. i would get out of racing and just keep the quad and ride for fun. or at least sell that nice bike and end up buying a stock 450r or 400ex or somethign for cheap and just ride for fun. no need to get completly out. i coundn't ever imagin getting completly out. i'm a senior in high school and cant get enough of racing/ridding

440racer66
09-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
the question is are you going to be able to aford the insurance on a rocket being a senior in high school. its not cheap.
insurance is not a problem. and yes this time im gonna have to say im gonna get out for a good while.