PDA

View Full Version : Coils, What is the BEST ?

#404's Dad
09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
what have you guys found to be the best Coils to use on the DRR? I don't care much for the Bando "Orange" coils as they seem to have a much weaker spark than even a stock coil.

Just curious as to what most use and why is all, Thanks.

drxracing
09-12-2008, 02:08 AM
HAVE CHECKED OUT THE ADJUSTABLE DC HI-PERFORMANCE CDI BOX

09-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by drxracing
HAVE CHECKED OUT THE ADJUSTABLE DC HI-PERFORMANCE CDI BOX i have one of those dc to ac adjustable cdi boxes is it better than a stock no rev cdi box?and if so which is the positive that runs to the battery? thanks

WOLFPACK
09-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Some (Bardloomis) claims that system is better than the PVL. We haven't tried it but would like to hear some feedback on it.

#404's Dad
09-13-2008, 11:02 AM
I thats the yellow CDI with the orange Bando coil and wire I have used them and he has won a ton of locals with them. The CDI its self seems to be badass but the coils seem to be weak as I have to really tighten the gap on the plugs to keep them running right.

Another down fall is you have to keep the battery in place which is fine in the Limited classs where you have to keep it anyways but now we are trying to shave as much weight as possible.

I am going to run digital PVLs on the primary bikes but the other two I'd like to save some lute on.

cardinalhvac
09-16-2008, 07:55 PM
we run the yellow cdi and do not have a battery on bike only a pro design kill switch and thats it

#404's Dad
09-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by cardinalhvac
we run the yellow cdi and do not have a battery on bike only a pro design kill switch and thats it

The way I used them I had to have batteries in place, I removed all the mags from the flywheel to reduce rotating mass on the crank so therefore no generation thus needed battery.