PDA

View Full Version : Tried searching, who makes an aftermarket direct bolt on oil cooler

ilikeboost
09-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I have heard of people using cbr 1100's but that's about it. I want to run a sparks advance timing key and that will heat up quite a bit so i was looking into upgrading the oil cooler. I ride a lot at glamis and it will be wot quite a bit. Will i be alright if i just add a puller type fan on the oil tank and add a colder spark plug. thanks for the info ahead of time

EX LONERIDER
09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
to my knowledge, there is no "direct bolt on" cooler.

do a larger oil tank, fan shrouds, and if you really are worried about it, do a puller fan and you'll be golden. advanced key will make it run warmer but not by much. what mod's do you have done??

another important part about keeping your bike cool is make sure it is correctly jetted.

ilikeboost
09-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Well as far as performance i have a full curtis sparks exhaust, uni filter with airbox lid off, a jd jet kit, and removed the choke. It runs a little rich and i know what your saying if you run leaner you'll run hotter. I tried looking up this key for reviews and found nothing. I only run 91 pump and i'm not going to run race gas just to advance the timing. Would i be alright running the piss out of it with an advance key and adding a fan and cooler plug. Oh and i have the header wrapped in heat wrap since it's so close to the oil tank.

EX LONERIDER
09-12-2008, 02:30 PM
you'll be fine. just dont run anything lower then 91. i ran mine similar to yours before i got my 440 kit and the key was the most effective mod for the buck!

ilikeboost
09-13-2008, 08:03 AM
thanks for the info man. Did it get a lot hotter after you threw in the key. I do wot quite a bit, so would you recommend getting a spal fan and run that with a colder plug

EX LONERIDER
09-13-2008, 09:18 PM
i noticed it got warmer but not "hot". i put some air scoops on it shortly there after and was fine.

i would recommend the fan.... worth while investment. good to have.