PDA

View Full Version : Need stock carb sizes for 90cc air cooled

mbarryracing
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Looking for which brand model 90's, with the air cooled Eton type asian JOG engine, came with the biggest carb stock?
Like the Eton or DRR, Kasea 90, etc

The stock classes my kids run in require the stock carb...

Our's have 16mm Mikuni's from the factory (w/ oval throats and electric chokes), need something bigger that looks the same and will still fit in the airbox boot.
Anyone know if any came with 18mm's? I tried googling specs with no luck.

Thanks.

forgiven
09-11-2008, 03:34 PM
DRR's come with 24's

mbarryracing
09-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
DRR's come with 24's

Yeah I see the water cooled do come with a PWK or flat slide type, however I think those are very different from the factory Mikuni / Sun World type carbs that came on the 2-stroke Eton, Kasea, Alpha Sport, etc. with the oil injection ported into the side of the slide valve chamber?

I think some of the Eton 90 ATV's and Scooters might have come with 18mm carbs, can anyone confirm that? spec sheets are wrong sometimes...

forgiven
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
My bad...didn't read your post thouroughly.

nordic quad
09-11-2008, 04:10 PM
You migth want to theck out the dellortho 21 ds this is a small size carb and it fitted my sons Polaris Predator 90 stock inntake boot was also able to fit stock airbox.

Ryko racing
09-11-2008, 06:16 PM
If the class is a stock class then going to a bigger carb that looks like the stock carb would not be within the rules ???

mbarryracing
09-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
If the class is a stock class then going to a bigger carb that looks like the stock carb would not be within the rules ???

Stock didn't mean "OEM for the model", there is no way anyone would want to regulate that because you'd need a spec sheet and serial number data base for every brand and model. It just has to be a factory supplied carb for something, not aftermarket, with oil injection and a factory supplied airbox.
DRR's and other "race ready's" aren't legal, so neither are their parts as they are considered "race" and not stock.

I guess just like stock car drag racing, they don't care that you are running a different OEM cam than what originally came in that particular block, as long as it was a factory available part...
and all these horizontals are considered from the same factory (all 350 Chevy's)

mbarryracing
09-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by nordic quad
You migth want to theck out the dellortho 21 ds this is a small size carb and it fitted my sons Polaris Predator 90 stock inntake boot was also able to fit stock airbox.

Do you know what brand those came on? A scooter maybe? Who carries jets and needles for the dellorto's?

Thanks

nordic quad
09-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Lakesmotorsports.com has the dellortho in their katalog and shold have al spare parts and jets for it to.Not sure what brand that uses this as stock.

LT80
09-12-2008, 08:03 AM
""DRR's and other "race ready's" aren't legal, so neither are their parts as they are considered "race" and not stock.""

So a out of the box quad is not legal yet they allow you to change carbs from another machine?

Weird IMO. :)

mbarryracing
09-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by LT80
""DRR's and other "race ready's" aren't legal, so neither are their parts as they are considered "race" and not stock.""

So a out of the box quad is not legal yet they allow you to change carbs from another machine?

Weird IMO. :)

True for our trail stock ATV drags, for the very same reason you supposedly can't run a Hi-Perf "race intended" out of the box DRR, etc in your stock ATV class...

but look at it like they do and maybe you'll see why I am looking...

Our DS90 came with a VM16 from the factory but the Eton 90R comes with an 18, so then an 18 would be legal. Can you follow that?
Same with displacement, our DS90 is 82cc and most others are 89cc... 89cc is legal, so we can run a bigger 52mm cylinder legally...

This isn't that far fetched, is it?:confused: The intent is to equalize the field, like any stock motorsport class without dictating a brand and model? Maybe they should add a weight penalty instead? I'm for that...

These are all the same engines with different plastics anyhow, maybe I'll just put our plastic on a Dinli or Eton?

mbarryracing
09-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Does anyone know the corect way to measure these OEM carbs? I measure 18mm at the throat but the slide valve is 15.4mm so does that mean it's considered a VM16?

Thanks

LT80
09-15-2008, 07:41 AM
I understood completely, just cannot believe a out of the box anything wouldn't be legal. Who ever said that drr's are a "made for racing" quad.

So how about, you order a bunch of drr parts (mostly the pipe) and install on your machine. That'd be legal, right?

I don't care how your race series does it, but sure was curious about the whole thing.
I cannot see how their rules allows for a level playing field.
But that's just me. :)

mbarryracing
09-15-2008, 12:20 PM
I understood completely, just cannot believe a out of the box anything wouldn't be legal. Who ever said that drr's are a "made for racing" quad.

So how about, you order a bunch of drr parts (mostly the pipe) and install on your machine. That'd be legal, right?

I don't care how your race series does it, but sure was curious about the whole thing.
I cannot see how their rules allows for a level playing field.
But that's just me. :)

I hear ya, my kids only occasionally race and mostly trail ride as a family. The trails are sometimes wet and sometimes dusty, so we want to keep the stock Eton/Polaris style air boxes regardless. Just curious what the largest carb we can stuff in the boot and retain everything, and possibly stay legal in the stock class. If we can't, probably just trail ride 100% of the time then.

LT80
09-16-2008, 07:43 AM
FYI: Brad Loomis posted pics of a filter can that he made to accept bighger carbs and have a dirt free filter. :)

mbarryracing
09-16-2008, 08:19 AM
FYI: Brad Loomis posted pics of a filter can that he made to accept bighger carbs and have a dirt free filter. :)

THANKS! I'll check it out...