PDA

View Full Version : A little girl needs our help

stoopidbot
09-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey all....fellow ATV'er needs some help while caring for his daughter who was just diagnosed with leukemia this past April.

I'm not the main coordinator, but I will pass details along as they come....

Thanks!

We will be holding a fund rasiser ride for Samantha on Sunday, Sept. 28th, 2008 At Lost Trails ATV Park
in the Poconos in Monroe Cty. Pa.

Samantha is the daughter of a fellow ATV'er who has been stricken with cancer. Her parents have 7 children
and they are falling behind in thier house hold bills and are now in fear of losing their home.

To make matters worse Sam's Dad just got his hours cut at work from 55 hours a week down to 40. He needs our help.
The ride will take place rain or shine. The park opens at 9:00 but you can arrive early and unload. Once yo unload
you can make your way down to the office to register.

There will be a tent outside of the office selling raffle tickets for ATV related items and also 50/50's.

This is a group effort involving several ATV Clubs and ATV web sites. The donation for the ride is: $ 35.00 pr rider.
$15.00 of that has to go to cover insurance costs. The rest goes right to little Samantha.

I except to have some dealers maybe even TV coverage from a local TV station. I also contacted Fishers ATV world to
see if they would come on board. If you would like more info.and directions to Lost Trails ATV Park go to:

Lost Trails ATV Park

The owner of Lost Trails Tony Novak was gracious enough to allow us to hold this event at his park. If you need more
info. please contact me at :

dkuenze@comcast.net

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

If you would be interested in making a donation:

The Valley ATV club
C/O Dennis Kuenze
715 Foote Ave.
Duryea, Pa. 18642

Please make checks out to:

THE SAMANTHA BOWES FAMILY FUND

Ruby Soho
09-11-2008, 12:30 PM
i wish i could make that.

i had leukemia when i was 9, its the worst thing you can go through. i think its worse for the parents though, it really messed my mom up:(

stoopidbot
09-11-2008, 01:17 PM
I understand that not everyone can make donations. Let's at least keep her in our prayers.

250r rider 88
09-11-2008, 02:12 PM
pm a paypal addy and i will donate the $20 since i cannot make the trip

hope she pulls through, i had a classmate that battled it for over 3 years and just died a few months ago,

stoopidbot
09-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
pm a paypal addy and i will donate the $20 since i cannot make the trip

hope she pulls through, i had a classmate that battled it for over 3 years and just died a few months ago, I have no ties to the donations or the cause. I'm just passing the info along. There is an address where checks can be sent and there is a link to the email of the guy who is doing all this. It's all on the first post.

250r rider 88
09-11-2008, 02:56 PM
ah, i overlooked the mailing address i will go that route thank you

stoopidbot
09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
ah, i overlooked the mailing address i will go that route thank you Thank you very much. Like I said, I have no ties to the family. I've never met them, a fellow ATVer called for help on another site. Reading about the hard times the family is having just hit me in that certain spot, I'm doing what I can.