PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 - Never Forget

nowukno
09-11-2008, 05:37 AM
It's been 7 years today. RIP

Yippie-Ki-Yay
09-11-2008, 05:53 AM
I remember that day so clearly, i was young, but i knew something was not going to be right about the day. I didnt want to go to school. In our classroom we would watch cartoons on wb11 i think it was, and during a commercial break, it was cut short by a video of a plane hitting the first tower, and being young and thinking it was a cartoon, we laughed. I have felt terrible for laughing about it ever since i learned what happened. Towards the end of the day i was called to the office where my parents were waiting, and as we drove home, they told me my cousin was in the building when it went down. He was never found.

hardtrailz400
09-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Sorry for your loss.

F... terrorism and God help our soldiers finish what they went over there to do safely.

My heart goes out to the lost and to the survivors.

09-11-2008, 08:00 AM
rip:(

story i want to share. My dads cusin tommy left his phone in the cab. and his buddy was nice enough to go down and try and get it. once his buddy made it down the plane hit his floor :(

powermadd400ex
09-11-2008, 08:27 AM
sorry for everyones loss
i was young when it happened as well. i can remeber the day very clearly. i was at school and we all stopped our work and saw wat was goin on. i didnt kno wat was happening till my parents explained it to me later that day.
RIP

416exfreak
09-11-2008, 08:34 AM
I was sitting in my 4th grade class room, drawing a picture for a board we were making in the classroom.

I remember my teacher breaking down, everyone going apechit and none of us had a clue what was happening.

RIP to eveyone that was lost and God bless the soldiers, keep them safe and bring them all home when thier work is finished.:)

450raider
09-11-2008, 09:15 AM
i remember being in 9th grade and around 10am eveybody getting signed out of school left and right and everyone was acting all crazy (yes 2000 mi. away in TN).... but after half the people were gone a teacher explained what happened and all you had to do for the rest of the day was pick any class to go in and watch cnn, really i cant believe this 7 years has gone this fast.... just a question that ive been wondering for awhile are they gonna build new twin towers?

edit: oh yeah i just remember that john ritter also died on this day in 03 so that sucks... he was a good actor (which is rare these days)

09-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by 450raider
i remember being in 9th grade and around 10am eveybody getting signed out of school left and right and everyone was acting all crazy (yes 2000 mi. away in TN).... but after half the people were gone a teacher explained what happened and all you had to do for the rest of the day was pick any class to go in and watch cnn, really i cant believe this 7 years has gone this fast.... just a question that ive been wondering for awhile are they gonna build new twin towers?

Yea, I forget the name though, google it.

I was in 6th grade and parents where picking there kids up to come home like crazy. Of course they didn't tell us what happend. As I was getting off my bus my mom was there and she asked the bus driver "Did you know anyone?" and the bust driver asked the same. Then on the walk down she told us what happened, for the rest of the day I was watching the news in shock. My aunt was in the next building over when this happened. She said she heard a loud "Boom" and it felt like an earthquake.

In my town at certain places you can see NYC...One of those spots was my friends old house, he WATCHED the towers go down. Because of seeing that happen he wanted to join the Marines...He's now back in the states training for his second tour.

Master LTR450
09-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Trust me " We will not forget"! R.I.P. to all those that lost their lives and God watch over our soldiers.

The only thing I think people have forgot about 9/11 is how this day brought the USA back to being One Nation Under God. I could not tell you how close that brought us all together, but I remember for a while after that EVERYONE was flying the American flag on their flag poles, cars, basically anywhere they could put one. Politics were actually agreeing instead of just bickering. Every thing at that time was for the U.S.A. Its a shame that a huge tradegy like that is what it takes.

Again R.I.P to all the innocent people that lost their lives.

bean2080
09-11-2008, 11:23 AM
i was in my fifth grade class, i was scared to death becasuse my uncle works very close to the white house. my heart goes out to all that lost a loved one that day.

09-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I forgot to mention this... A guy from my town (Jeremy Glick) was on flight 93, and was one of the men who took down the haji's and crashed the plane into the feild in PA instead of the Whitehouse. There where about 10 others from my town that got killed in the attack.

400ex28
09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Hard to believe its been 7 years already, RIP.

elmer91
09-11-2008, 01:35 PM
RIP...

I was sitting in 4th grade, mrs irons class. my school wanted to protect everyone from it, and did not tell any of the students. i had to find out when i got home, and found everyone else already home.

250r rider 88
09-11-2008, 02:05 PM
lets see i was in 7th grade ag class and every morning we had to watch channel 1 news which is a new program made for schools to show in the morning to inform kids in a way they can understand and it got interupted when it happened and about the time the 1st tower collapsed the school went on complete lockdown, so i was stuck in ag class all day, our school was wierd parents were trying to come and get their kids throughout the day and the school would not let them in until the end of the day which was actually about 1 instead of 3 because of the events, they had 2 policemen outside gaurding the entrance it was crazy, all this at a middle school was just crazy

R.I.P. to all those that were lost

i think the most disturbing thing i heard a cuple years ago were the 911 calls that got released to the public and one is of a guy in the 1st tower to collapse and hes on one of the top floors and you can hear it start to go and him saying "oh my god" and screaming and...click

just sad but it did unite the US

warriorxcr1
09-11-2008, 02:29 PM
6th grade class....all of a sudden half the school was called down to the office with their things gathered in 20 minutes.

i pray for those lost every night...and for those out there to save our a sses. rip to those lost and thank you to our troops.

Scro
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
11th grade marketing, 2nd period, back row of desk, third from the right, Mrs. Hughes was the teacher. We didn't go into lockdown like most of you are describing. We changed classes like normal, but the only thing we did was watch the news.

I've heard that phone call as well. Without a doubt, the most disturbing and scariest thing I have ever heard. I can't even begin to imagine the feeling.

RIP

09-11-2008, 03:41 PM
RIP........

i remember the day as well i was in 3rd grade and we started the day with the pledge but then after the principal called for a moment of silence for the lifes lost 2day and everyone was like what is he talking about, well i never heard what happened until i got home and my parents told me

Quad18star
09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
My old man was giving me a ride to highschool ( grade 12) that day and we heard over the radio that a "small commuter plane" had hit the towers. A couple hours later we got news of what had really happened and we were free to go onto any classroom with a TV set to watch everything that was happening .

I remember one teacher saying " Pay attention to this ... you're watching History on the making" He was right.

It's crazy the things that you see that you know will make history. I can tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing the day I found out that Princess Diana had died.

250r rider 88
09-11-2008, 04:53 PM
at least most of you got to watch the news they made our teachers turn them off basically total lockdown meant total lockdown to them it was the dumbest thing i have ever gone through, trying to sit there all day knowing something traggic has happened and not having an explanation is horrible

09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
5th grade, History class i believe outside of Buffalo, NY. There was an announcment saying a World tragedy has just occured and we were being dismissed right after. They didnt tell us what not even the teachers knew just the principal at the time. Home was 5 minutes away from school my mom had to get out of work to pick my brother and I up. We turned on the TV and it didnt seem real. It was like a movie played over and over again. Everyone rushing to the stores to get food and to fill up on gas in fear the stores would be closed for some time. A teacher at my school was in NYC when it happen he went to go visit the World Trade Centers where his son had worked. He had it all on home video. he was standing near the water waiting to take the ferry over to manhattan and he was video taping the city from across the way. When he showed us the video he said "wow that plane is flying low it better get up" as he focuses on the plane and then it hit. People started crying. His son had a last minute dentist appointment on 9/11/01 and he didnt tell his dad that he would be late to work. That dentist appointment saved his life.

250x_kyle
09-11-2008, 05:33 PM
fifth grade science class last seat in the first row. we didnt go in lock down but we wernt aloud to play out side. in the high school they watched it but we we only go to see a short video clip on the internet in my math class. RIP to anyone who lost their lives 7 years ago today. This event was one that brought people in this country together. Thanks to all those who are fighting or have died for this country.

tman12345
09-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I remember most of that day, i was in fifth grade and they did not tell us anything at school and when I got home my mom was sitting on the front steps and told me and I said "is it still on the news" because I did not know the magnitude of what had happened. All of my moms family lives in New York and my three uncles are NYPD or FDNY. They were not there for the actual event, but were there following days. My uncle found a bible and rosary beads in the rubble and has it in his kitchen. It's very sad to see it. R.I.P. never forget.

rollie
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I was in 5th grade, switching classes and one of the teachers came in and wispered to the other, i remember her face but thought nothing of it, on my way home walking from school my mom picked me up and asked if i knew what happened, then went home and my whole family was there, it was scary

LeGaCyGiAnT124
09-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I was in 5th grade where we didnt even switch classes, except 2 rooms. I was with my teacher, Mrs. Choma, and we were just starting the day out with a warmup. All of a sudden a teacher in the other room screamed turn the news on! So we were watching it and most of the students parents were getting them out. I remember the teacher's talking about the white house. My aunt lives in somerset near where flight 93 went down. She was sweeping her house and could feel the vibration from where it went down like 2 miles away. She thought there was an earthquake. RIP to all the bright people that worked there, you won't be forgotten.

Yippie-Ki-Yay
09-12-2008, 05:31 AM
I know its past 9/11, but i thought i would share this
I was talking to my dad yesterday about what all happened on 9/11, and how i lost my role model (my cousin was like a god to me) and my dad told me that his cell phone went off that day, and when he answered it was a bunch of people stuck in the tower. I guess they could not get ahold of 911 so they were dialing random numbers. He said it gives him nightmares because there was nothing he could do, and he was helpless, all he could do was tell them how it was going to be okay eventually they started to slow their talking, and then it got totally silent, they probably died due to the smoke...Sad day...