PDA

View Full Version : Brute force 650 tire suggestions?

08bf650
09-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Thinking about going with some different tires on my 08 650 sra. Will 27x9-12 and 27x12-12s on stock rims cause any rubbing/clearance issues? I'm leaning more towards the 26x9-12 and 26x12-12s but just wanting to get ya'lls opinion.

Also, i'm planning to go with the Carlisle Mud Wolf's, has anyone tried this tire? So far i've heard a lot of good things about it just wanting some more opinions.

Thanks in advance

YZ400EX
09-11-2008, 09:58 PM
You may want to go here for more info about your machine.. These sites are much better for this type of info.. BTW I have the same machine as you and am pretty much wanting to know the same info, but I am interested in different tires..

mkbruteforce
09-14-2008, 06:22 PM
I use ITP ATR Holeshot tires and love them. Have raced two GNCC events to include Snowshoe and have had no problems.

MK

ojcool
09-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I have the same bike with 27's on it and the SRA really makes the bike Tippy. I wish I had gone with a smaller tire b/c now I need to get some wheel spacers to help the center of gravity. If it was IRS I would say 27's all day but SRA.... Too unstable.

They are Intraco Swap lites which I highly recommend. Awesome tire never had a puncture riding with guys with alot of other tires that have.

08bf650
09-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ojcool
I have the same bike with 27's on it and the SRA really makes the bike Tippy. I wish I had gone with a smaller tire b/c now I need to get some wheel spacers to help the center of gravity. If it was IRS I would say 27's all day but SRA.... Too unstable.

They are Intraco Swap lites which I highly recommend. Awesome tire never had a puncture riding with guys with alot of other tires that have.

Thanks for the advice there. I ended up getting Maxxis Zilla's(27x9-12 front, 27x11-12 back) on itp ss108s(black) and love them. Awesome all around tire and they do VERY well in the mud to be considered an all terrain tire.

KTM265
10-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Sounds like a nice set up... Do your ride the Hatfield McCoy trail system?

86yota
10-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ojcool

where is a good place to get spacers? my dad has an 06 brute force 650 sra, i hate riding that thing because it always feels like its going to roll when you get on any sort of side hill.