PDA

View Full Version : How to tighten Brakes

gindele00
09-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I just bought my wife a 93 trx300fw, it has cable brakes. Can anyone tell me the best way to get these to make the bike stop...lol.. I tried to tighten them but that didn't do the trick. Any advice would be much appreciated. I don't want to send her though a tree.

Eric :ermm:

09-10-2008, 02:37 PM
if you have the wing nuts turned as far as they will go to tighten the brakes and still have no brakes, then you need new brakes and/or a new cable(s)

PrivettKFX400
03-23-2009, 01:08 AM
before you go out and buy brakes and waste your many that wont do no good your brake lines may just have air in them pump the brakes a lot and loosen the thing sticking out on the top of the brake caliper im not sure what there called but you should be able to figure it out do this serveral times and as you loosen that bolt on the thing to let out the air make sure you have someone hold down the brake handle and once you let it out then pump them again then repeat the process several times until you get them to work.

Scro
03-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by PrivettKFX400
before you go out and buy brakes and waste your many that wont do no good your brake lines may just have air in them pump the brakes a lot and loosen the thing sticking out on the top of the brake caliper im not sure what there called but you should be able to figure it out do this serveral times and as you loosen that bolt on the thing to let out the air make sure you have someone hold down the brake handle and once you let it out then pump them again then repeat the process several times until you get them to work.

He has cable brakes.

Imbroke
03-27-2009, 08:44 PM
they are the drum brakes then they might need new pads and i think they have some kind of springs in them but most likely u are going to have to buy new brakes possibly even upgrade them to disk brakes they are way better and easier to maintain