PDA

View Full Version : best yamaha grizzly/big bear for trails

redneckremi
09-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't want a sport ATV for trails. I am looking for a solid all around ATV for both ranching around on the farm and then playing in the trails that the rocky mountains have to offer. Any ideas?

desertdweller
09-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Grizzly 700 w/EPS you can't beat it for an all round utility 4x4
Some other's are faster but when it come's to versitility the grizzly is
out front.Do some research and you'll see.

redneckremi
09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I appreciate the reply...I thought no one read these seeingz that I didn't get a reply. We are looking at that exact model and I just need to see if it fits in the toy hauler with the rest of the stuff. Thanks again. Remi

yak50
09-24-2008, 07:18 PM
:) if you do not need 700 cc i just purchase a new 07 - 400 bb, has irs rear, 4wheel drive, locking diff's and first gear is really low, feels like it could pull the house down without to much effort, and really got a pretty sweet deal, she is now called he beast around the house, and she did not break the bank, good luck in your search:cool:

redneckremi
09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I appreciate the reply. I will look at that one also. We are now in the "just looking" stage, but Christmas is just around the corner so maybe Santa will be nice and bring us one. I think I have been nice all year (read NOT). Thanks again for the info. Remi

Quad18star
09-25-2008, 12:58 PM
It all depends on how much power you really need . The 550 Grizzly is supposed to have just as much as the 660 had if not a little more. Our grizzly 660 has more than enough power for the woods and trails and enough pulling and pushing power. We use it every year to plow our driveway which sometimes gets a few feet of snow in a snowfall.

My next machien will be a 550 . I have no need for the higher cc machines . Unless you're doing a lot of wide open , you'll never use the full of a lower cc machine in the woods.

redneckremi
09-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Well we are in Colorado so the woods I talk about could be both, open fields and plains or deep woods, that is why I wanted to know what the best one was. I can do a Raptor (cause I really want one) but the wife perfers to tootle along and keep it nice and medium. So here we are and I am looking for one in-between to fit both needs. Thanks for the comments and all comments are welcome. BTW....money isn't the issue here, it is how much fun will we have with the one we buy. Remi

Quad18star
09-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Go to the dealership and ask to take their demo out for a ride ... usually you'll have the chance to test a few models and it'll give you a better perspective as to what will be best for you. Like they say ... try before you buy ... it's the only way to know.

redneckremi
09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
My buddy told be about doing that very same thing. We just found a dealer in the Denver area that has a trail-track-demo area out back of the shop. So we plan on going there and testing some different quads. I think we will have a great day and be able to come up with a quad for the both of us. Remi

Clay200X
09-26-2008, 09:17 PM
deff. go with a Big Bear 400
they are the best in my mind espesially with a 5 speed/+rev.
my friend has one and it's a beast