PDA

View Full Version : Locking up

tbutler6
12-08-2002, 09:24 PM
Is there a really good way to secure your quad so that it's not likely to be stolen? With all the people advertising how to hot wire them and people saying there quads were stolen and all that. I put a masterlock through my rear sprocket and around the chain but thats it. Any other idears? thanks

12-08-2002, 10:24 PM
You can buy all kinds of anti theft devices from chain link style locks to caliper locks and even an alarm but remember that a very big part of this is a mental thing.

You need to make the reward not worth the effort or risk.

If you keep your machine outside or in a remote back yard shed etc you need to brighten things up around the house and do your best to keep it out of site but yet very easily seen if someone tried to get at it.

Even in your living room you never know what can happen and in some areas the middle of the day with a big crowd is a thiefs favorite way.

And if there out for drug money the only thing that will scare them is a slug in the head, ever heard of a smart thief?

Guy400
12-09-2002, 04:49 AM
Insurance, insurance, insurance.

jerry-89-250R
12-09-2002, 07:17 AM
a BIG dog is not a bad idea

12-09-2002, 07:27 AM
A loud alarm system ..:)

QuadTrix6
12-10-2002, 02:13 PM
i hear a lot of guys using baby monitors so they can hear anything going on a around there quad, not a bad idea

tants
12-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66
i hear a lot of guys using baby monitors so they can hear anything going on a around there quad, not a bad idea

if there that worried they should sleep next to it, lmao

i just keep my quads in my garage. i dont no why but since we ever got a door opener you cant open the garage door from the outside, like if you try to pull up. once i get my 250r backtogather i will propably lock the garage door, we always park out 2 cars right in front of the garage, so im not too worried about anything happening... its not like i live in harlemmills (i live in highlandmills)

Atreyu
12-10-2002, 02:41 PM
one of my friends has an axle lock with works pretty good. but if someone really wanted to steal it they could just pick it up because its a blaster and its very light.