PDA

View Full Version : decision Time

bansheeman350
09-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Well guys next week is my week to finally get a new shiny 4 stroke atv. I have narrowed down the top 3 in my book.

they are

1. kfx450r
2. suzuki 450r
3. or the raptor 700

i know I excluded a lot of the other bikes and after dealing with my banshee for years and the jetting headaches. Na I don't want another bike with a carb.

so out of the top 3 listed above what are your picks for a better overall bike.

I race selected itp quad cross races here in cali but also ride trails when not racing.

Any advice is welcome.

bluebaron
09-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Out of those 3 I would say the ltr. but If i were you I would look into the DS450 also

k4f5x0r
09-10-2008, 04:37 AM
fast trails or tighter trails i say the kfx is th best choice. it has lot of low end grunt to pull you slow through the woods and still a prettty decent top end. stock it isnt bad on the track either. just change the suspension settings are your good to go.

jesseweaver
09-10-2008, 04:52 AM
kfx has reverse too +1

KXRida
09-10-2008, 06:27 AM
If you do all trails, Raptor for sure. Nice low end smooth power for trails, but if you do any kind of mx go with the other two. The Raptor is awesome in trails, but compared to the 450's on the track it doesn't handle nearly as good.

Benjithx
09-10-2008, 09:15 AM
No KTM 525XC???

bean2080
09-10-2008, 09:25 AM
i have heard aobut people cracking the frames easy on the kfx because of the aluminum frame, thats why i didnt get one. IMO the ltr sounds about the best out of them three.

bansheeman350
09-10-2008, 11:33 AM
well thanks for responding back guys. Ya I read somewhere also that the kfx 450 has some frame issues still.

The ktm would be a good bike but the cost of it out here from all the places I been to are between $10,000 through 12,000. Thats a little bit too pricey.

The can-am I was considering in the beginning but I like a bike I could work on and get a lot of power out of it through motor work. And from all the name brand race companies out here such as dasa, ct racing, trinity etc. They said that there still working on trying to get more power from the motor but its a pain to do.

Can the raptor be made into racing motocross successfully?

I seen Darryl Patton last season on the raptor 700 racing the itp races with good results.

Well it seems like its either the raptor or suzuki.

450raider
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
yeah the raptor sounds like your best bet, no point in dedicating to a 450 track machine like a kfx or ltr till you find out if your even really into racing first, and im sure you can compete some on a raptor to find out, if its not your thing then the raptor can handle your trailing needs just fine...

09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Raptor for the win!

Has awesome power and torque, decent suspension and handling, and a really good woods bike.

Suspension is decent enough where you wouldn't be too disapointed at the track. Definitely not a 450 though.

Parting your banshee? I need a few things. Once they're running right they're beast:devil:
Could use a head and such if you have it.

k4f5x0r
09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
i havent heard of ay major issue's of kfx frames breaking. one story of a guy flipping it over but i dont beleive him. he must have done something pretty bad to get the area by the stem to break so easily.

i have my stock kfx in trails and i can keep up with just about anything. i was really impressed with it stock on the track. just adjust the suspension and pick your choice of tires and your good to go. its not the greatest in flat turns but on the burms its fine without needing too much leaning.

i vote kfx450. has reverse. fuel injected. aluminum frame. stronger rims stock. those are the reasons i chose my kfx atleast. it has lower gearing so you can kinda lug it and it has plenty of low end grunt for those jumps right around the turns.