View Full Version : Suspension question

leasureryan
09-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Alright.....I just got a set of Burgard +3+1 a arms....I currently have a set of 450R shocks that I am using untill I get my Elkas back from C&D. My question is....this thing sits up so damn high....How can I make it sit a little lower? In about a week, I am getting a GT Thunder rear suspension link....and that really makes the quad ride alot lower in the rear....so how the heck do I match the ride height....I read all this stuff about race sag, etc etc.....I just don't understand it. Also....I need to stiffen them up because they are bottoming out when I hit big triples and huge 60 ft tables tops that I sometims don't clear...and land on all 4's....hell....my rear shock even bottomed out a couple times

leasureryan
09-10-2008, 02:26 PM
30 views and not one person has an answer....guess I'm not the only one who doesn't understand suspension

drew416ex
09-10-2008, 02:52 PM
As far as lowering the quad to get it where you want it with those shocks, thats not easy. You can loosen the preload up all the way, but you still wont be what you are used to from those elkas. Are the 450 shocks compression adjustable. If so then just turn it up a few clicks till you get them where you want them.

leasureryan
09-10-2008, 04:04 PM
I've always had my 450R shocks.....I haven't even rode on the Elkas yet. As soon as I got them...I sent them out to get serviced by C&D