PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Sticking 06 450er

Turboderf
09-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Hello guys has anyone had the throttle sticking 06 450er it seem to be the slide with the rollers it looks clean but its stills sticks i order a new slide will be here friday just checking if anyone had this problem thanks

bluebaron
09-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Did you just look at it, or did you actually take it apart and clean it? I've never heard of a slide needing to be replaced

Turboderf
09-10-2008, 06:48 AM
I took out clean it i even took some very fine sandpaper and lighty sand in case theres a bure on slide the wheels are free i change with another 06 worked fine took the sticking one put in the other bike and it sticks there so i order new parts . i was just checking if this is a problem or just one of akind thanks for your in put

yz426ex36
09-10-2008, 10:37 AM
I have seen the tps make it stick.. I am working on one right now at work and I had to replace the tps.. the reason this one was bad is someone must have had the arm off that attaches to the slide and the shaft slid to the right.. when they reinstalled it they did so 180' out and it turned for a lil while but now its stuck and only moves to about 1/3 throtle... so before you install a new slide try removing the tps and see if the carb works free.. good luck man

IMSROLL450R
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
A good cleaning should help that. Mine was dirty from my air filter falling off once for just a bit and that caused it to stick open. We cleaned it and it hasnt done it since.