PDA

View Full Version : New 250R rider

knobbyboy
09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I have 2 1986 models. One with trail ride/XC mods: 295cc sleeved motor, FMF exhaust w/forged flange, V force reeds, razer tires, easy clutch lever, renthals, AC nerfs, denton steering damper, works front shocks, revalved OEM rear shock, PRM skids throughout, 37 tooth rear sprocket, double carrier, OMF scoops, K&N filter w/forged air box rings, 88 hood with working headlight, working tail light and stock tool box still in place. This is the original 1986 plastic and OEM gold rims. The other is nearly stock except for V force reeds and pro circuit exhaust, new plastic.

mineralgrey01gt
09-09-2008, 08:39 PM
wow, nice 86's!!! Welcome!

Master LTR450
09-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by knobbyboy
I have 2 1986 models. One with trail ride/XC mods: 295cc sleeved motor, FMF exhaust w/forged flange, V force reeds, razer tires, easy clutch lever, renthals, AC nerfs, denton steering damper, works front shocks, revalved OEM rear shock, PRM skids throughout, 37 tooth rear sprocket, double carrier, OMF scoops, K&N filter w/forged air box rings, 88 hood with working headlight, working tail light and stock tool box still in place. This is the original 1986 plastic and OEM gold rims. The other is nearly stock except for V force reeds and pro circuit exhaust, new plastic.

NEW??? Where did you pick up 2 sweet looking r's at and why 2?

knobbyboy
09-10-2008, 06:33 AM
I have wanted one for years. I love Honda's of all types and after we rebuilt a 1986 TRX70 for my son I knew I needed to do the same with a 250R. My search led me to MI and I found not one, but two- so I got them both. The one with all the goodies is going to be ridden a lot. The mostly stock one will be a loaner/parts/garage queen unit. My fastest sport quad before these was a 300EX (which I also loved- awesome machine, old school ATV'ing at its best!)