PDA

View Full Version : Drop in cam for 300ex

MR. HONDA EX'S
11-10-2001, 08:19 PM
I'm looking for a drop in cam for my 300. I don't what to use hardfaced rockers. My stockers are in pretty good shape. I need a cam that will work good with a .020" wiseco piston ( not sure on comp. yet ), and if I can get a 400 carb to work with it. I'm looking for more mid to top end. Thanks for the help.:)

kc 300EX
11-10-2001, 10:06 PM
quadfamily said that White Brothers made 2 different drop-in cams for the 300EX

stevengates45
11-11-2001, 03:44 PM
Well, for starters I didnt get as much power out of the 400EX carb on my bike as I would have liked to have gotten. I found that getting my carb smoothebored ran better & gave me good power.

MR. HONDA EX'S
11-11-2001, 04:24 PM
What's the price of the wb cams ? And the 400 carb, I'm just going to try it because we have one setting at the shop. It off my cuz's bike, he put fcr carb on.:D

9300EX
11-11-2001, 05:45 PM
Go with the WB all around cam. Open up your air box, get an exhaust and rejet . great bottom end power 1st and 2nd
become useless.

MR. HONDA EX'S
11-12-2001, 02:43 PM
I'll have to look into the all around cam. I have a fmf pipe, open box and it's jetted. I just have to get it bored, new piston and then rejet for these mods. 1st gear is already useless, I'm going to go up a tooth on the front.

quadfamily
11-12-2001, 06:07 PM
I bought the white brothers all around cam from my Honda dealer and a .080" oversize 11:1 wiseco piston from 4 stroke tech. I think I paid 90 for the cam and around 95 for the piston. White Brothers recommends that you use new stock Honda rockers with the new cam so that they break in together. They also specify that you need HD valve springs. I got a set of Kibblewhite HD springs from White Brothers and they come with Titanium retainers. I cannot tell you how it performs because I have not yet installed any of the parts. I also just picked up an oil cooler from a motorcycle which I will install too. I have a Powroll head pipe with a stock 400EX silencer modified. I also have no airbox lid with a Outerwears cover and a K&N filter and my choke is removed. I'd also like to try a 400EX carb but I'm not even sure if it's any bigger. Does anybody know the size specs on both carbs? I think the bike should run awesome when the cam and piston are finally in. I have 20" tires on the back and a 14T and I think I will need to drop a few teeth on the back sprocket when the engine mods are done. I'll post the results if I ever get it done.

MR. HONDA EX'S
11-12-2001, 08:37 PM
Sounds like you got a real good project going on. I think .08 over is a bit to much for me. I have to save some money for the 400. What bike did you get the oil cooler off of? :devil