PDA

View Full Version : Rossier Rocks!

Thumpin
09-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I just wanted to share with you all my experience with my new mods to my DS450X.

I went with Rossiers free air kit with lid off, their full exhaust and used the pink wire cut.

Let me tell you its a totally different animal now! The low end torque hits much harder right into the mid and top end power band. This DS pulls very hard!

Now I'm getting into the rev limiter more often than before cuz the power doesn't stop and comes pretty quick.

The throttle response is lighting fast, it just snaps ya back.

Overall it seems to me the DS came from the factory very restricted, It woke up completely with this setup!

I have many friends with YFZs and a 700r Raptor that are piped and filtered, but none of them feel as strong as this screaming DS.

I didn't get to do any drag racing but I'll keep you posted on the results.

The only negative thing I've got to say about the exhaust is its very loud. Thats why I ordered the supertrapp quiet kit from Rossier.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm selling the product, cuz I'm not, I just wanted to let everyone know Rossiers Kit works very well! :devil:

ScottB125
09-09-2008, 08:45 PM
I've got their filter with the inlet, nice piece. I'm wondering how their cams are?

Thumpin
09-10-2008, 07:02 PM
In atv sport mag, they had an article about the DS with intake, exhaust, porting the head, and cams all from Rossier. They did all those mods with just the pink wire cut and it stayed right in tune with each mod.

They give dyno gains with each mod to show all the improvements. They tried 4 different cams and combos of cams and just gain 2-3hp on top with more power everywhere.

I was even thinking I needed a more lowend, midrange cam with the stock machine. But the pipe made all that low end come to life. Now its just right.

If its more low end and mid power your after, just adding a pipe like I did will give you much more. I hear the slip on pipes are even making a bunch more low and midrange grunt in the DS. Than cut your pink wire and enjoy the power.

When I talked with Charlie Rossier he even said with just the (free air kit) and air lid off you should have the wire cut, or it will run too lean on fuel.