PDA

View Full Version : bent subframe

upinsmoke
09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
my sub frame is bent about a 3/4 of an inch to the left is there a way or shop that can fix it, do they make removable sub frames for the r thanx? :ermm:

Master LTR450
09-09-2008, 11:03 PM
i cant tell you were to go but someone can fix it for you thats for sure. but you might want to look into an aftermarket frame if funds arent an issue that way you have the removable subframe.

trx310R#24
09-09-2008, 11:35 PM
tie the front to a tree the back to a truck an pull it slow an that should do it or take it to any body shop they can fix it

Aceman
09-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
tie the front to a tree the back to a truck an pull it slow an that should do it or take it to any body shop they can fix it

A true example of why advice on this forum is sometimes worth exactly what you paid for it.....:rolleyes:

I just can't even believe it.:ermm:

Creech52
09-10-2008, 08:12 PM
If your good at fab work you can buy a removeable subframe and make it work on your frame. Or you can ask around locally to find someone that can do it, maybe ask around at some bike shops.

C-LEIGH RACING
09-11-2008, 07:28 AM
If you have some way to lock the frame down tight, say like to a concrete floor or real long I beams you can pull it back into place.
Might could get some guys to help hold it still while your pulling on it.

We done ours before at a race so I know it can be done.

You'll need a long piece of steel pipe, say 1 1/4 thick wall about 5 to 6 feet long.
Remove the rear fenders & seat, pull the air box off. Now that you have that out of the way, standing on the left side, insert the piece of pipe down through the top of the sub frame tubes at the rear next to the flat bar that the rear of the seat & fenders mount to. In other words, the piece of pipe would be on top of the left sub frame tube & under the one on the right & the pipe would be at the rear next to the little tab on the flat bar the rear of the air box mounts to.
Once you have it in place & frame locked down or a bunch of guys holding the bike down, just pull down on the long pipe & it will pull the sub frame back around into place.
If it dont want to move or you dont feel strong enough to move it, get a longer piece of pipe.

Any time you bend a sub frame, the force that bent it will be around the grab bar area & it bends the sub frame in a U sort of shape from left or right. If you look close at it from the rear you will see looking at the top sub frame tubes one will be higher than the other & when you pull down on the top tube with the piece of pipe it rotates the sub frame back in place.

Lot of people cant figure out why their rear brake caliper is hitting the underside of the silencer landing from a jump, its because the sub frame is bent to the left.
Not only is the silencer right over top the caliper from the sub frame being bent, it is also sitting lower than it was before it was bent.
Neil

HAVOK
09-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I wiped out hard on my 450r and bent my subframe over 4". I used heavy duty rachet stap's ,anchored it off a poles and straped to sub at the bend and above it and slowly worked it back. We used about 5 or 6 stap's. After it was bent back, but perfect the frame crack at factory weld points, so be prepared for that. Mine was still out about 1'' but was better then before. The 450R sub is ALM so it might not be as easy with the 250R steel sub.