PDA

View Full Version : i need somthing to make my r handl a lil better

trx310R#24
09-09-2008, 06:41 PM
i was thinking a stearing damper or somthing
what would be the best to get i dont care about the price to much but i dont want to spend alot of money if i can get a cheaper one that wil do the same thing. my wheels are pulling my bars a lil bit, i have to fight the bike some times it feels like

my front set up is +3 a arms with peps.

dynofox
09-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
i was thinking a stearing damper or somthing
what would be the best to get i dont care about the price to much but i dont want to spend alot of money if i can get a cheaper one that wil do the same thing. my wheels are pulling my bars a lil bit, i have to fight the bike some times it feels like

my front set up is +3 a arms with peps.

I just installed a PEP stabilizer and really like it, one of my favorite mods!

trx310R#24
09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by dynofox

yeah i was thinking about that one.

it help stear on rough tracks/trails?

dynofox
09-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
yeah i was thinking about that one.

it help stear on rough tracks/trails?

I've only ridden trails since I've installed it, the same ones I rode without it and there is definitely a difference. While riding in rough terrain and while riding at higher speeds the quad feels more controlled and stable. Its always been something I've wanted to buy but never did, now that I have one I wish I would have bought it a long time ago! :D

mfr422
09-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Precision dampers are the best due to their adjustability, I picked up a used one off of fleabay for 300 about 2 months ago. the stick style dampers work but are only good for a year or two before their junk. I have tried a couple different cheaper ones and they just don't last and don't take the big hits well. The Puck style (precision, elka, scotts,etc) work better and make the back end more stable, I have really noticed this with my new precision:D . You really get what you pay for in a damper, hope this helps. Roost On!!

trx310R#24
09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by mfr422
Precision dampers are the best due to their adjustability, I picked up a used one off of fleabay for 300 about 2 months ago. the stick style dampers work but are only good for a year or two before their junk. I have tried a couple different cheaper ones and they just don't last and don't take the big hits well. The Puck style (precision, elka, scotts,etc) work better and make the back end more stable, I have really noticed this with my new precision:D . You really get what you pay for in a damper, hope this helps. Roost On!!

thanks it did help yeah i always get pissed cuz i have to fight the bike but i went to the dunes an i am done fighting it lol i need a damper

Master LTR450
09-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by dynofox

Glad you like it!!!

Why does it feel like your fighting the bike is the issue i would be worried about!!! But you can get a stabilizer off ebay for a decent price and the stick ones arent only good for a year or two... well yeah they are unless you buy the rebuilable one!!

trx310R#24
09-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Master LTR450
Glad you like it!!!

Why does it feel like your fighting the bike is the issue i would be worried about!!! But you can get a stabilizer off ebay for a decent price and the stick ones arent only good for a year or two... well yeah they are unless you buy the rebuilable one!!

like if im riding on rough tracks fast the tires pull the bars an sometimes i almost crash cuz of it thats what i mean by fighting the bike cuz i really have to hold on