PDA

View Full Version : Evan Tanner found dead

TRX450RACER174
09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Here is the story pretty sad.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ys-mmaweektanner090808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

TheIceMan
09-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Yes that is sad :(
He wasn't the most talented MMA fighter,but he brought it 110% every time.

R.I.P. Evan :(

quad2xtreme
09-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Hopefully it was an accident. Loved watching Evan compete and reading his posts on his website. He was a troubled soul.

TheIceMan
09-09-2008, 07:02 PM
From Sherdog
“Evan did not kill himself,” said Hayner. “Evan did not go out in the hopes of doing a one-way ticket. He brought two guns out with him for target practice. They were not found with his body. In no way shape or form did he kill himself. He got in over his head, and exposure to the elements killed him.”

:(

wantablaster
09-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Very sad evan was a great fighter and champion. If you read his blog what happened was somewhat like what happened with Chris Mcandless who Into the Wild was based on.
Also Evan had Guaranteed by Eddie Vedder playing on his myspace page from Into the Wild.

Evans blog about the trip.

"Treasure hunting in the desert.
It's Saturday night. I'm not out on the town socializing, not hanging out with friends, not chillin, watchin movies. I'm sitting on my couch beside a stack of books, listening to some Eddie Vedder, reading about the Southern California desert.

I'm hoping that very soon I'll be sitting out in the quiet of the desert beneath a deep blue midnight sky, listening to the calm desert breeze. The idea going into the desert came to me soon after I moved to Oceanside. It was motivated by my friend Sara's talk of treasure hunting and lost gold, and my own insatiable appetite for adventure and exploration. I began to imagine what might be found in the deep reaches of the untracked desert. It became an obsession of sorts.

"Treasure" doesn't necessarily refer to something material.

Today, I ran to the store to pick up a few things, and with the lonesome, quiet desert thoughts on my mind, I couldn't help but be struck with their brutally stark contrast to my current surroundings, the amazing congestion in which we exist day to day. The landscape as far as I could see, crowded, choked, with me and the rest of the species, an almost writhing mass of organisms, fighting over space and resources,....on the highways, in the parking lots, on the sidewalks, and in the ailse of the stores. And to think, there are still places in the world where man has not been, where he has left no footprints, where the mysteries stand secure, untouched by human eyes. I want to go to these places, the quiet, timeless, ageless places, and sit, letting silence and solitude be my teachers.

I've been gathering my gear for this adventure for over a month, not a long time by most standards, but far too long for my impatient nature. Being a minimalist by nature, wanting to carry only the essentials, and being extremely particular, it has been a little difficult to find just the right equipment. I plan on going so deep into the desert, that any failure of my equipment, could cost me my life. I've been doing a great deal of research and study. I want to know all I can about where I'm going, and I want to make sure I have the best equipment.

One more week. I think one more week, and I'll be ready to go."

He ended up running out of water and tried to text friends to let them know but they werent able to get to him in time.

RIP Evan