PDA

View Full Version : Cutting bars shorter.......

quadgod440ex
09-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Ok i put a twist throttle on my quad , and i have to say it doesnt fatique me nearly as much as the thumb throttle did. I grew up on dirtbikes and streetbikes so i feel like that is why i got used to it so fast. I do feel alittle slower on some type of stuff like harder left turns and some possibly like off camber turns..... My question is i never cut my bars down from when i bought them, it feels like if i were to cut maybe an inch or and inch and half i would be able to grab the throttle alot better when going into a hard turn where im leaning pretty far off of the bike.... Does anyone have any opinions on this or have they tryed it? I dont wanna cut my bars and make it worse ya know? .... Thanks in advance.

plunge
09-10-2008, 09:41 AM
my pro tapers have lines on them so you can cut them even if you want, so i wouldn't see why it would be a problem

woodsracer144
10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
what would cutting it do for you?! i dont see how that helps at all?

deathman53
10-09-2008, 06:06 PM
cutting them down helps for some, tight woods enduro riders the most(dirtbikes). But where it helps atv riders can be for the most natural feeling when standing on the atv. You get fatigued when you have to stretch your arm width to reach the ends of the bars. What alot of guys do for cutting down bars is: get in the postion to do a push up, get your arm width so it feels the most natural. When you got that, get in the position and have your buddy measure how far it in from end of hand to end of hand. That is the width to cut your bars down to.

I hear you on the twist throttles, I can't ride a atv/atc with a thumb throttle, instant hand cramping and arm pump. All my 3/4 wheelers have twists on them. I also like it as my riding buddy's don't ever ask if they can ride my bikes. I have one friend who rides twist throttles. He feels comfortable in mine, notbody else does. That could be a good thing.