joeyds450x
09-09-2008, 09:35 AM
another view

joeyds450x
09-09-2008, 09:37 AM
cracked sproket

jboz5786
09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Im trying on to debate on getting the new ds450x mx or the new ktm450 sx. Im pulling towards the ds450 due to EFI light weight and price. Is the ds worth it to you? Is it everything you hoped it would be?

Jer250R
09-09-2008, 08:00 PM
mine looked pretty much like that after i rolled it this past weekend.

sidenote: my boot got caught in the front fender as it was rolling too, the sharp edges on the fenders grab on well ... maybe a bit too well. i think can-am sells a fender guard, but i'm not sure if its to keep stuff from flying up, or keep legs from getting caught.

anyway, the headlight bracket is fairly easy to bend back into shape, and as long as you can get a bolt and nut into the top mount you should be able to get the fender back on pretty easily, although with the clips most likely broken there might still be a little gap there.

joeyds450x
09-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by jboz5786
Im trying on to debate on getting the new ds450x mx or the new ktm450 sx. Im pulling towards the ds450 due to EFI light weight and price. Is the ds worth it to you? Is it everything you hoped it would be?
ya its ok i love to jump it, you can really wip it in the air, i dnt think its all that fast in a drag race but its very fast on the track i beat a lot of my friends on the track with it

joeyds450x
09-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Jer250R
mine looked pretty much like that after i rolled it this past weekend.

sidenote: my boot got caught in the front fender as it was rolling too, the sharp edges on the fenders grab on well ... maybe a bit too well. i think can-am sells a fender guard, but i'm not sure if its to keep stuff from flying up, or keep legs from getting caught.

anyway, the headlight bracket is fairly easy to bend back into shape, and as long as you can get a bolt and nut into the top mount you should be able to get the fender back on pretty easily, although with the clips most likely broken there might still be a little gap there.

all the clips that held the fender down ripped off and i made my own bracet and boled it into place and rivited it to the fender it waorks pretty good