PDA

View Full Version : 54mm watercooled cylinder?

forgiven
09-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Just wondered if anyone made one?

09-08-2008, 08:47 PM
i have never seen one ever just the 52 mm and lower i would love to have one of them!!!!

dericsdad
09-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I know the 53mm kits are availible, And i woudn't be suprised if it could be bored out to 54mm. Here is one example of a 53mm kit I found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Liquid-Big-bore-kit-F-Dinli-Kasea-Polaris-E-Ton-90cc_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el126 2QQcategoryZ43977QQihZ014QQitemZ330263986993

neveready
09-08-2008, 10:06 PM
I have a FRC liquid cooled top end here that needs bored. It would be a good one for a 54mm.

forgiven
09-09-2008, 07:27 AM
I have my cylinder from this year I wouldn't mind boring out but I am not sure that alone would work properly. Don't get me wrong I did think about it and then I could mess around with a few of the ports just to see what happens but it is a lot of time and effort to boldly/stupidly go where no man has gone before.

qcitytile
09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Dont know a lot about these but you might check it out. www.strokeitimports
Look in the engines section towards the bottom on left.

Bill Lemans
09-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by neveready
I have a FRC liquid cooled top end here that needs bored. It would be a good one for a 54mm.

If you wanna try it, send it my way. I will do the machining . I have to buy a new 54mm upper end anyway.............it would be for an eton.Got the whole set up? Oh , if it works I get to keep it for a nominal fee.
This way,I would have a liquid and we'll all know how it works:D

hotquads1
09-11-2008, 06:34 AM
yes, 54mm cyl kits are available but in our testing the 53mm kit makes more power, not because it is 53 , but it is a better choice of cyl. With a 45 crank up to a 48mm crank you can make a real torque monster. we got em in stock .
marc

Bill Lemans
09-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
yes, 54mm cyl kits are available but in our testing the 53mm kit makes more power, not because it is 53 , but it is a better choice of cyl. With a 45 crank up to a 48mm crank you can make a real torque monster. we got em in stock .
marc

Darn, i was tryin' to work it:D

What makes the 53 a better cylinder for the water cooled kit ? Is it design , different porting, or just a different quality.......?

I 'm looking for something to replace the 54mm and we're kinda torn between stroking it with another 54mm or going back to 52mm to allow wider class entry. Some of the local races here allow every mod except you can't violate the 90cc size. Other classes are 90-125cc anything goes.
Really wish we had more races in MIchigan that didn't require outta state or across state travel.Would luv to do it, just can't rght now.

hotquads1
09-11-2008, 07:18 AM
port timing is closer on the 53mm, for my taste.
marc

Ryko racing
09-11-2008, 07:18 AM
go to michigan quad racing .com. the ama dist 14 mich champ series has 16 races for minis ( pretty competitve). Also mpx has a race series but most of the mini racers had moved to dist 14 series as i have heard that many people were upset last year because of the blatant cheating on the mini track.( the mpx guys run a great race and it is very affordable and it looks like they have split some classes to alleviate last years problem. We love racing there but the schedule conflicted with our gnc races this season.

i had great luck with a 50 mm bore and a 45 stroke which makes it a true 90. We pretty much won everything in michigan with that set up and it was bulletproof..

Bill Lemans
09-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Thanx Hotquads.

MPX is the one with the limits on size in they're 70-90 mod class, according to they're website. The only other thing we've had around here is faircross.com. Definately gonna check out the ama.With 16 races that will be plenty for him and we won't have to scavenge races and worry about his set up so much. Thanx !!

Was the cheating just in the internal motor type ? I spoke with a guy at work that says it's a great family place to race and have fun, plus we have relatives there, so I really wanted to check it out.

Ryko racing
09-11-2008, 07:41 AM
check your pm.

hotquads1
09-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
go to michigan quad racing .com. the ama dist 14 mich champ series has 16 races for minis ( pretty competitve). Also mpx has a race series but most of the mini racers had moved to dist 14 series as i have heard that many people were upset last year because of the blatant cheating on the mini track.( the mpx guys run a great race and it is very affordable and it looks like they have split some classes to alleviate last years problem. We love racing there but the schedule conflicted with our gnc races this season.

i had great luck with a 50 mm bore and a 45 stroke which makes it a true 90. We pretty much won everything in michigan with that set up and it was bulletproof..
. I agree the 50mm bore is the best thing I have seen , and personally I would prefer it over the 53 and 54 mm, The 50mm is aluminum -nicasil and superior quality to all the cast iron cyl . IMO. with a 43mm crank it will blow away some of the big strokers.
marc

forgiven
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Some say the mallossi 50mm can actually be used on the 90 case. Has anyone confirmed this?

The only reason I ask or have been looking at this is that we woods ride and I would like to get as much grunt (torque) in a 2 stroke motor or any motor for that case. I figured the 47mm crank and whatever dispacement was going to be my best bet but I am willing to listen to something that may be better.

Even considered dropping in a 125 lifan but don't know how hard that would be...suspect difficult.

hotquads1
09-11-2008, 04:34 PM
for the woods I would go the parmakit 50mm , great low end torque.
marc

forgiven
09-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I googled and found very little about them. Is that something that can be used on the 90 case? Where can I learn a little about them?

hotquads1
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
there are only a handful of them in the country , Gary and I have most of the first batch , could be awhile before anymore come into the states. I only have 2 left.
marc