PDA

View Full Version : 420 rancer mods

blacknblue#2
09-08-2008, 07:58 PM
I am looking into buying a left over 07 420 rancher from the local dealer. I race quad MX and have 2 450Rs right now. Im keeping my race quad but the girl is not likin trail riding on the back of my other 450 so im thinking of buying a UTE for a spare. My question is since i am used to a full built 450 of course i am gonna wanna have a little extra power but dont need alot, and dont wanna buy a Rubi or Rincon due to i spend enough money on my race quad every week. So what kind of mods can i do to the 420 to pump it up a bit. Do they have a box and exhaust that will really liven these things up??

maxfior
09-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
I am looking into buying a left over 07 420 rancher from the local dealer. I race quad MX and have 2 450Rs right now. Im keeping my race quad but the girl is not likin trail riding on the back of my other 450 so im thinking of buying a UTE for a spare. My question is since i am used to a full built 450 of course i am gonna wanna have a little extra power but dont need alot, and dont wanna buy a Rubi or Rincon due to i spend enough money on my race quad every week. So what kind of mods can i do to the 420 to pump it up a bit. Do they have a box and exhaust that will really liven these things up??

Honestly, if you have not taken a 420 for a spin, they are pretty peppy out of the crate. If you want more go-jo, I'd get a Power Commander and take off the lid, you'll see a nice increase in power. The response with the EFI is great too! I know that HMF makes a pipe, but I'm sure it's loud and nasty just like all their other stuff... I guess it just depends on what you are after, we're talking about a utility quad after all not a 450R. I wouldn't push too much out of it or you'll be getting out your f'ing check book often! ;) Hope that helps.

Max