PDA

View Full Version : My TRX460EX build

ben_400ex
09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Well peoples i'm in the process of building my 400ex into a 460 stroker and while i'm at it i decided to do the frame and well pretty much everything else... lol
I never really intended on taking it this far but as a lot of you will know once the bug bites its hard to stop modifying.
Theres not much to look at yet but i thought id post some pics and show you some of my bits and progress so far....
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/ben_400ex/pics1018.jpg
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/ben_400ex/pics1020.jpg
This is the frame, subframe, hubs and oil tank. I sandblasted them all myself then welded in a bare performance gusset kit, i also modified the subframe to take a 450r grab bar and took off any bits that werent needed such as the battery mounts, i them had it all painted by a local spray painter who did an absolutly awesome job, the colour is candy phoinex pearl (super blackbird cbr1100xx limited edition blue) the pics dont do the paint justice (plus my crappy pics lol) it looks real nice in the sun.
All the welding on the gussets isn't perfect but its my first time at all this so i wasnt too disapointed.
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/ben_400ex/pics1015.jpg
This is all my engine bits so far.
I"ve got a Curtis Sparks racing x6 exhaust, hotrods +4mm stroker crank, CP 89mm 12:1 piston with advanced sleeve, stage 3 hotcam, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, heavy duty timing chain, new big end bearings and complete gasket and seal kit. I still need to get heavy duty head studs and new bearings for the rest of the engine and gearbox and maybe an aftermarket ignition.
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/ben_400ex/pics1017.jpg
This is the aftermarket oil cooler and shrouds i got which will hopefully keep the big girl a bit cooler.
I've got a big box full of other bits that i didnt get pics of yet and i'm still ordering more when the bank allows it
Suspension wise I've got a set of TCS built tripple rate shocks that are based on 05 ltz400 bodies and a dual rate rebuilt stock rear shock and i just ordered a +1 1/4 swingarm (after i recked the stocker getting the stupid bolt out!!) and next will be a set of +3+1 a-arms.
So as you can see i've still got a long way to go, its a long process coz i have to save for every bit before i can get it but i'm really enjoying doing this and i can see myself getting hooked on building these things.
Hope to hear what some of you think of the progress so far.
Cheers
Ben

EX LONERIDER
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
puuuurdeeyy!!! :cool: :D

HondaRaceReady
09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Its gonna rip.

09-08-2008, 08:22 PM
wow shiny parts! thats gonna be awesome. any info on that aftermarket oil cooler?

ben_400ex
09-09-2008, 04:52 AM
thanx guys
yea the oil cooler is just an aftermarket tranmission cooler you can pick them up from most auto parts stores and theyre very affordable, this one came with high pressure rubber hose and all the fittings you could need.
i'm planning on running it as a secondary cooler in line with the stock one.

hypersnyper6947
09-10-2008, 03:03 AM
NICE!! Thats some exciting stuff, maybe you could win quad of the month when your done. Looks like fun good luck keep us updated.

Yippie-Ki-Yay
09-10-2008, 05:45 AM
I bet thats killing you looking at all those new parts and not being able to put them on yet!:eek2:

bigredisb
09-11-2008, 06:23 AM
I have never ridden a 460 but I have seen one in Black River Falls WI racing a brand new DS450 and let me tell you that thing RIPPED! The poor SOB with the 450 didnt know what hit him. Someday I would like to do that to Ol'Red!

Brauap
12-23-2008, 09:34 AM
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
WE WANT UPDATES!
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil::devil: :devil:

bmfgsxr
12-24-2008, 07:02 AM
thats going to be badass man.. dyno runs when your all done and post it up.

ae13291
12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
wat name brand is the cooler and wat is the part # thanks