PDA

View Full Version : Herrmann racing Swingarm

Sick0
12-08-2002, 08:23 PM
Is the Herrmann swingarm Good. Does any body have the swing arm and how did you like it. Plus how much did you pay for shipping.

EX 80
12-08-2002, 09:15 PM
break yours or just thinking ahead and don't want to break your stock one in a race?

NTPRacing#19
12-09-2002, 01:13 PM
:huh

Sick0
12-09-2002, 02:29 PM
I'm trying to get my chassie as solid as possible. My stock swing are is in good shape.

Mity Mo
12-09-2002, 05:51 PM
I have the +1 and I love it. I raced it all year in the A class and not one problem. Mo

Sick0
12-09-2002, 08:46 PM
How is the powder coating holding up. My a-arms I bought from them is already starting to chip and I've only used them 3 times.

Plus how much did he charge you for shipping. I'm scared to think how much he charges for shipping since brad charge me 35 dollars to ship my a-arms.

Mity Mo
12-10-2002, 05:28 PM
I had mine shipped bare. I have my own powdercoater so I do mine every 3-4 months anyway. And shipping I didnt really look. I didnt care. The price and service was good enough. Mo

uoykcuf
12-11-2002, 04:11 PM
My a-arms suck. Already broke two ball joints, plus The a-arms is starting to crack by the shock mount

Mity Mo
12-11-2002, 04:19 PM
I am wondering what kind of racing or jumping you do? And do you have the right shock for the job you Are doing? I have yet to have any probs with mine but anything is possible. I just cant see it the way you are talking. Mo

uoykcuf
12-11-2002, 04:34 PM
I brand new elkas set up for my weight and riding style.

I think herrmanns has horrible sevice. I call up herrmann racing and finally got a hold of Brad. He told me if I had broke the a-arms like I did that it was my fault and there weren't going to replace it. I was very disapointed with them. I geuss you get what you pay for.

Killerquad
12-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Hey Me and all my buddies have Herrmann Racing products for over a year and a half now. These are some of the best products I have ever seen and used!!!!!!!!!!!!
I find it hard to believe that UOYKCOF has any problems with Herrmann a-arms, because those big balljoints that they use DO NOT break!! unless you do not know how to maintain you bike and keep things TIGHT!!
Anyhow Herrmann Racing.com builds great products and has excellent customer service!!!!!!!

uoykcuf
12-11-2002, 08:55 PM
I running the regular set up. Them ball joints ain't as strong as you think. All there are ia automotive ball joints. I broke the ball joint at the first race I want to. I ride hard but I expected to last longer they did. I don't think the design is as good as you would think. The way they streathen the a-arms looks like it don't make it that much stronger and maybe all the welding in that one area has weaken the metal. The ball joints are pretty cheap and I wouldn't recommen these a-arms to anybody that rides hard or race. Maybe there good for the easy weekend worrior. Like heard from a coulpe of members the powder coating sucks.

Extremeracer167
12-12-2002, 09:14 AM
I agree with JL. I also deal herrmann products, and i know for a FACT that brad would NEVER say anything like that. He would say something along the lines of, "send it back to me and we will fix it right up for ya" He would never say it was your fault and not stand behind his products. Comon man if you are going to try and bash a company, atleast make it believable to the ppl that work with that company:rolleyes:

d-14 rider 27
12-14-2002, 09:46 PM
herrmann is a great company and they definatly stand by their products, i cracked one of his swingarms, not a big deal, gave him a call, he told me to send it in to be fixed. ive never heard of herrmann until about a week before i bought just about everything he makes, and i didnt care if it was any better than my houser stuff he just seemes convincing that he was gonna take care of me in a situation like this. as for powdercoating chipping....NO ***** what do you think is gonna happen to any kind of finish when its getting hit by dirt/rocks/quads, or tree branches, etc..? HERRMANN IS AWESOME

d-14 rider 27
12-14-2002, 09:49 PM
i forgot to mention that i can break absolutely anything out there. i broke a lot of parts already. i think herrmann products are beefy enough for about anyone tho. i sure like mine

Sick0
12-15-2002, 08:29 AM
Well about the powder coating. My friend had his a-arms and frame powder coated in pittsfield where I live a year ago and his frame and a-arms are better condition than my. I've only used my quad 3 times when I put them on. The powder coating that herrmanns uses is not as good as other company.

d-14 rider 27
12-15-2002, 11:48 AM
its better than houser

jlhughes750
12-16-2002, 07:38 AM
If u find a better powdercoater than use them, what are u riding in GRAVEL???? His powdercoater does most of the motorsports coatings on the east coast, so i'm sure if they have a problem we would have heard by now. You must really have it bad for Herrmannracing, thats the shame about people like yourself!!!!!!!

Ralph
12-16-2002, 09:16 AM
lol make a thread callled for all your herman racing fans, then wait till there is enough complaints and e-mail it to herman, maybe it will work lol....worked for outlaw

Pappy
12-16-2002, 09:33 AM
i have never used thier products but cant see any company telling someone flat out no on the first phone call. the complaining member didnt come to the site until the crap started with the other suspension manufactures so i really dont know how credible he is.

as far as the powdercoating....what color is he using? silvervien and the normal solid colors are usually tuff. if its chipping from rocks and such there isnt much besides chrome or nickel that will hold up better and even it will get the snot beat out of it. if its a cracking or peeling problem i can understand, but if its chipping from the type of abuse associated with gncc racing there isnt much you can do. mx racing isnt as hard on them...but dirt and small stones are like sandpaper and will wear away just about anything on the lower a arms. 2 cents ....

bongwater200
12-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Some colors of powdercoat are more durable than others. Reds and whites seem to hold up very well, and I have a yellow Arens chassis that looks good even after 3-4 years. Greys and blacks don't seem to hold up as well as some other colors. Silvervein colors tend to crack easily and just look like *** if you don't keep them clean.

If you think his powdercoat jobs suck, then just ask him to sell it to you bare! If you can find a better PC'er than Mr Herrmann, then I'm sure he'll say "more power to ya!"

Don't drink the bongwater!

PB

MR. HONDA EX'S
12-16-2002, 06:50 PM
Can someone post a pic of a -1 250r swingarm? And how about a pic of +1 400 a-arms? Thanks:D

Sick0
12-16-2002, 08:19 PM
Well I'm the one that started the thread. I personaly have had bad sevice with Brad herrmann.
But I though A-arm where made good for the price.

But the Powder coating didn't hold up to 3 times I uesd them. some chippng and a little peeling. They still look pretty good. And I got them in red, my friend's quads was done in black and his looks better mine and hes was done this spring. He rides the same place I ride. I think I'm not the first person how sayed herrmanns powder coating isn't the best . The had the same problem.

But anyways, I have talk to brad about the swingarm. And I'm probly going to go with herrmann for the same reasons I bought A-arms. Good quailty product for a good value.