PDA

View Full Version : woo hoo I got a new truck

mittman
09-08-2008, 02:41 PM
well my 85 dodge tranny went up at camp last monday(had no cell service so had to walk 4 miles to get my other truck). and I figured if im going to pull the tranny i might as well do a engine upgrade from a 318 to a 360. The motor that is in it now was from a 74 ramcharger and still runs strong but in the future im sure is going to quit. My dad has been looking for a truck and just sold his jeep and the one he was going to get just sold so he is driving my diesel. So i got a 98 dodge dakota 318 with 73,000miles for 5 grand this truck is flawless almost no rust except for rear bumper. It has newer bf goodrich all terrains this truck is great gets about 13-15 city and 16-18 highway which is good with me. I got home on friday and see this truck sitting in the driveway and they said this is for all the hard work in school I did last year (thinking to myself wow what will they get me if i geat all A's) in thier own way they were telling me that your father will be driving your truck for awhile longer my plans are exhaust for now but not sure what sounds good with the dakota any ideas

mittman
09-08-2008, 02:42 PM
ill get better pics later

Ruby Soho
09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
congrats!

i wanna get a truck so bad, getting my license in less than a month and im itching to drive:devil:

theTman
09-08-2008, 03:38 PM
yeaah dakotas! here is my little v6 5 speed

lowered 2/3
clear corners
euro headlights
euro tail lights
cheapo grill
18 inch mb wheels with 255/55/18 falken tires
dynomax super turbo exhuast

it gets me around

theTman
09-08-2008, 03:39 PM
one more

trx400EXtreme
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
looks goos mittman.:macho thats the color i wanna have my truck painted.

mittman
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
theTman good looking truck

trx400EXtreme its funny you should say that every one thinks its dark blue but if the sun hits it just right its really dark purple but i plan on painting it next year my buget is only allowing me to do so much so i need to get the 85 tranny rebuilt and motor so the only thing going on this truck is exhaust just need some feedback on which is the best and sounds great

trx400EXtreme
09-08-2008, 06:09 PM
hmm, either way, it still looks good. as for the exhaust, i have an aero performance galsspack dumped at the axle. heres a video. quility sucks cuz its from a digital camera. everybody gets mufflers and has the tips out the back, so did something a little different. the setup a have isn't raspy lie most glasspacks. i left the cat on so it's a VERY deep rumble at low rpms and a great sound at higher rpms. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Hsr9AVlZX8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Hsr9AVlZX8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kickstarts-suck
09-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by theTman
one more

sweeeeet

mittman

nice truck and pretty good price too.

mittman
09-08-2008, 10:04 PM
there only one thing i dont like about its not a 5 speed. everyday after school my boss lets me drive his dump truck i got so used to driving it so since i didnt have a truck monday night i brought my bosses dump truck home so i could get home from school and go to work its tue morning i dont have anyone to give me a ride im calling around i said heck with it im not going to school and just happened to look down a see the ford keys on the table i said what are they going to do kick me out:devil: i get there its that time when everyone is getting there and i pull in with ford f-550 diesel 6 speed with a 30ft trailer loaded with lawn mowers it was the best thing ever every one was looking at me but the superintendent made me move to the back of the school cause i was taking up room

450r ride red
09-09-2008, 07:11 PM
same set up as mine but i have a 3.5 inch exhaust tip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uykQGSArEgo

NPelletier
09-09-2008, 09:08 PM
I love Dakotas. By far my Favorite truck, i would love to get one but both the v8 and v6's get mid teens on gas so im looking more for a import truck, Tacoma, Frontier, something with a v6 but yet low 20s for mileage. Nice Dakota you got there:eek2: :devil:

mittman
09-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
I love Dakotas. By far my Favorite truck, i would love to get one but both the v8 and v6's get mid teens on gas so im looking more for a import truck, Tacoma, Frontier, something with a v6 but yet low 20s for mileage. Nice Dakota you got there:eek2: :devil:

every one asked what engine i said 318 they say gas hog even dealer said 14-16 everywhere and i was suprised to see 18 mpg come up when checking it. my brother in law had a awesome 01 dakota and took it muding and beat it to h3ll and back sold it for 4 grand i was going to buy it but i knew what it had been through

mittman
09-09-2008, 09:30 PM
1 more for fun lol