PDA

View Full Version : cr250 ignition sources

destey
09-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Anyone have any other sources for these kits other than the $500+ from esr and $285 from slowshipper on ebay?

Master LTR450
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Is the slow shipper your talking about on ebay dirt-toys?? If so write him and ask him how much to overnite it to you. it will still beat the $500 new and you will get it overnite. i talked to a couple people that had him do this for the same reason you dont want to buy from him.

destey
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
i shouldn't really say slow shipper because he's been very quick so far with emails, thats just what a couple of entries said in the feedback.

you're right that is still a better deal, maybe throwing some loot his way like you said will help it along and get it overnight

wanna get the quad going so bad! just bought this 86 r and its missing the electrical. guy i bought it from said the motor has been overbored, decked, ported, new reeds and new carb, no hours yet on it.

Master LTR450
09-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah his shipping is a little slow, but his products always arrive in excellent condition. usually better then what he states them as. I have bought quite a few things from him and hes a good guy. His biggest problem is he works out of town.

destey
09-08-2008, 02:17 PM
how much better is the cr250? there's a guy in PR willing to overnight his stock setup listed on ebay, though would a 89 work on an 86 motor? I read in a few posts there might be differences between the 86 and the 87-89

Master LTR450
09-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I beleive all the wiring is interchangable, but i may be wrong. i myself like the cr ignition better. Theres alot of threads in here recently about them they will answer your questions. But i can say if it was me I would go with the CR ignition. Plus getting something overnight from PR is probably going to be fairly pricey!!

destey
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
yeah he said $42 to overnight which isn't as bad as I thought, so that'd put it at $142. $285 for the cr250 before overnight. not sure which way i wanna go. probably reading about the cr250 will get me wanting it.

mxduner
09-08-2008, 03:31 PM
as long as you dont need lights the cr sounds like the way to go

destey
09-10-2008, 07:41 AM
The guy selling used ones off ebay won't seem to check his email, can't wait forever for this guy, so I decided to go stock withthis harness off ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160277840069&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123)

There's no way I'm paying the outrageous price they're asking for the new trx-cr250 kit.

it won't run as good, but at least it will be running (i hope).

All250R
09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
That's not an 89 harness. It matters if you're connecting an 89 stator to it.

destey
09-11-2008, 03:58 AM
i've got an 86, they're not all interchangeable? think it'll work?

All250R
09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by destey
i've got an 86, they're not all interchangeable? think it'll work?

In that case, I THINK the stator will plug into that harness no problem. The thing I don't like about the auction is he says it's an 89 harness and it's clearly not. I'm most familiar with the 88-89 electronics, so I can't tell you what the differences between the other years are and if those differences important or not.

250Renvy
09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
You can get them from service honda or any used 2001 motor part out. All you need is the backing adapter plate, which can be bought for about $60

"Dirt Toys" is a thief!!!!

He screwed me and others out of $3000 then somehow got to change his name and keep 100% feedback.

I've tried calling him dozens of times and he never answers the phone. If you buy something from him, you better pray it shows up because you will never hear from him.

I've even called the cops on him.

Master LTR450
09-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
You can get them from service honda or any used 2001 motor part out. All you need is the backing adapter plate, which can be bought for about $60

"Dirt Toys" is a thief!!!!

He screwed me and others out of $3000 then somehow got to change his name and keep 100% feedback.

I've tried calling him dozens of times and he never answers the phone. If you buy something from him, you better pray it shows up because you will never hear from him.

I've even called the cops on him.

That sucks for you!! I have spent $1000s with him and i will be the first to tell you his shipping is slower then ****, but his communication is excellent!!! Haven't had a single problem with nothing showing up yet either. And Performance-Welding never screwed me either if thats the other name your talking about!

destey
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
postal service sucks.

Master LTR450
09-11-2008, 05:46 PM
it would all depend on when it got dropped off at the post office yesterday! And if they were told him it would be there today he should get his shipping back and give it back to you. did you get a tracking number?

250Renvy
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Master LTR450
That sucks for you!! I have spent $1000s with him and i will be the first to tell you his shipping is slower then ****, but his communication is excellent!!! Haven't had a single problem with nothing showing up yet either. And Performance-Welding never screwed me either if thats the other name your talking about!

Wow, you are lucky. Like I said, way back when I got screwed, several other people got screwed too. You can see the early feedback on dirt toys.

The worst part is, he got paid a couple times on all the items as he sold some recently to other people. If you bought that much stuff from him, you may have bought something that someone else paid for and didn't recieve.

destey
09-11-2008, 07:55 PM
it would all depend on when it got dropped off at the post office yesterday! And if they were told him it would be there today he should get his shipping back and give it back to you. did you get a tracking number?

yeah i called them up and the lady said that something got messed up from when it arrived in the local PO and it will be delivered tomorrow. she said i could file for a refund as it was guaranteed to be delivered.

Master LTR450
09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Wow, you are lucky. Like I said, way back when I got screwed, several other people got screwed too. You can see the early feedback on dirt toys.

The worst part is, he got paid a couple times on all the items as he sold some recently to other people. If you bought that much stuff from him, you may have bought something that someone else paid for and didn't recieve.

Are you talking about the same person? All i seen in his feedback was where he didnt pay. Says himself they were from his ex-wife and the ones he did he was a man about it and admitted it. what parts did you get taken for?

250Renvy
09-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by destey
Anyone have any other sources for these kits other than the $500+ from esr and $285 from slowshipper on ebay?

Did you buy one from slow shipper?

Are you talking about the same person? All i seen in his feedback was where he didnt pay. Says himself they were from his ex-wife and the ones he did he was a man about it and admitted it. what parts did you get taken for??

It's the same guy. He may have had two accounts or changed it, but you can no longer access the old one's info. I got taken for a complete Laeger Narrow CR500 link frame, OEM plastic and CR500 swingarm, stem and summit bumper.

destey
09-12-2008, 12:55 PM
i didn't go with the slowshipper guy. things have been tough enough lately without having him to deal with. sorry to hear about you getting ripped of 250renvy, i'd love to take a baseball bat to him after hearing that

anyoen know if there's any way to get any coil working with the harness i bought (he says its a complete 89 ignition, but the years in doubt as one boardmember brought up)

I'm willing to try just about anything.