QuadRacer041
12-11-2002, 12:05 PM
i spoke to dan,
read about the outcome in the thread "swingarms."

AndrewRRR
12-11-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AndrewRRR

Then it sounds to me like either (a) people either didn't have a problem in the first place, (b) people were afraid to call you, or (c) people just like to pi$$ and moan instead of solving the issue. I'm guessing C. haha [/QUOT

You obviously dont deal with customers. In our business, we are taught that 90% of customers DONT WANT TO WASTE THEIR PRECIOUS TIME. Why would I waste my time to tell him whats wrong with his business, when I can use my time and just go somewhere else and get it a better price? I like what Rico said, why in the world would anyone shop anywhere else than the quad shop. Jeff is always cheaper, and nicer.

Mr. Fisher, do you have a complaint tracking program? Im sure not. In my line of work, our gainsharing bonuses are partially based on the complaints we get. We take quality and customer service seriously. Tell me you track and monitor and give any kind of consideration to complaints and Ill get my pig to fly.:blah

Being in the auto parts industry, I do deal with irate customers all the time. And we do go out of our way to keep our customers happy. We'd rather keep a customer for a lifetime, as the vast majority of our advertising is word of mouth.
My point was that this is so important or troubling that you would practically slander a large company in this industry, and then you are given the chance to talk to the president of the company that wronged you. However, if you don't even call I think your case loses some credibility. Unless you call and make an attempt to correct the situation, QUIT YOUR *****ING. I know if I spent $500-$1000 on a swingarm (and I have) that broke under what I felt was conditions that it shouldn't have broken under, I would try every avenue to have the company make amends first. I can't afford to switch brands and get a new part everytime something fails. A 10 minute phone call won't kill you, and just think of all the future customers you'll help out in the process if LSR does change it's policy, employees, or other aspects of its organization (or are you in a competing company?).
And no, I don't work for LSR. I'm just getting sick of all the runaround on this thread. Get the issue resolved or lock it!

QuadRacer041
12-11-2002, 01:00 PM
who are you refering to andrew?

AndrewRRR
12-11-2002, 01:03 PM
Anyone who keeps whining about LSR instead of doing something about it! haha

bmw500hp
12-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Hey, don't worry about disgruntled customers, they will eventually go away.....just go buy into a ad-editorial and commit to a regional ad program and do it all again!

Threads like this make the old marketing techniques obsolete...
It's time for realistic customer relations!!!

$600.00 bucks gentleman for 15lb of steel is not chump change.... and when was the last time a racing product came with the addendum... please do not abuse!!!!

You can NOT BUY a company reputation but you it is EARNED...and in a flash it can be TAKEN AWAY....

A GOOD test of a CEO is how good he turns This complaint around...

Dan Fisher
12-11-2002, 01:11 PM
So how am I doing so far?

QuadTrix6
12-11-2002, 01:21 PM
we all appreciate you taking care of this dan, you helped restore a lot of faith in LSR and word of mouth is a very powerfull thing :cool:

Quad Racer 55
12-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Dan,
Where can we get that Graphic Kit on the LSR bike in ATV OFFROAD FURY 2? Do you sell that?

Pappy
12-11-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Dan Fisher

i'd say yer doin just fine;)

by the way...im holding a pair of your a arms as we speak....nice work:p

Dan Fisher
12-11-2002, 01:34 PM
We are in the middle of making it. Sometime in the next 6 to 8 weeks. I got a guy who is working with a different material that is cooler than what is out their. So have you beaten the game or did you use cheat codes.

MSL
12-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Dan you are doing a good job turning this around and restoring consumer faith in LSR..

I can only speak for myself but i would like to say thanks for having the nads to come to this bash fest and face the music and try to rectify all of the complaints. In doing this you have shown some class..

OutlawEX
12-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Rico
So now that the tears have fallen and been whipped away..who all has called LSR about their problem???

I see them gettin their arses handed to them by more than a dozen members so I'm interested in who has called and had their problem solved and who is Skeert ta pic up the phone??

Ok you guys i just called Dan Fisher at LSr and he was super friendly ,there was no questions asked he said send my old swinger back and he will replace it,being that it was on of the defected ones,so now i am sending my old one back and he is sending a new one to me..He is a cool guy after you talk to him on the phone...

Outlaw:D

bmw500hp
12-11-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Dan Fisher

Pretty good dan....and with all due respect, I think you were caught way off guard, I don't think you were aware this was occuring....

I do not own a "Lone-Star" product as of yet, but have certainly heard the good as well as the bad....I am very much into customer satisfaction as I make mistakes in my (our) sporting goods business.. I am listening, learning and possibly applying....

d-14 rider 27
12-11-2002, 02:51 PM
LSR, i havent run any of your products before except an axle, which i gotta send back. i think its awesome that you offer to fix your broken parts for free, but the thing is, ppl sometimes gotta race every weekend and i dont know how they do that with their swingarm sent out getting fixed for 3 months. a guy i race with broke his on his banshee and called you guys, and you trusted him to find a certified welder/machinist to fix it for the time being then he could send it back in the off season and you would still honor the warranty if thats the same deal you work out with everyone, im thinkin about one of your ex/crf frames. at least you offer to fix the stuff. i broke my houser, i called them it wasnt quite a year old close tho and they asked if i race, then they told me sh*t happens basically wouldnt do anything about it, i only called once, and i didnt talk to john, that was prolly my mistake. the herrmann swingarm i had on my quad is currently getting fixed by brad. not a problem there, called him, told him about it, all he said was send it in he'll fix it. Another great company on their way up. truth is, everything is gonna break, cept maybe walsh, but who wants to spend that kind of change on walsh, plus it looks like youd have to stop at wegh stations if you ran it, looks heavy. its cool that everyone comes in here and states their opinion, but you dont gotta be a dick about it. just say this is what i got, it broke, this is what their doing. Like i said ive never run lsr, and i dont think i will cept axles cuz arens is comin out with the ex/crf frame. that or ill build my own. im to the point now, where i dont care how good the stuff is, i call and ask what they do for replacement and repair, thats how i judge a company. thats enough typing for now.

outlaw319
12-11-2002, 03:22 PM
i'm not trying to bash, or have any hard fellings against LSR! I just wanted to post the story that i have of the complaint with customer service in the past.
I was rebuilding my "R" from ground up a couple of years ago and ordered alot before hand so I'll have em when i was ready for them to be put on. well i needed a set of bearings and seals for my LS twin row carrier, so i gave Dennis Kirk a call ! well they were on backorder which was ok at the time because i didn't need em right away so i ordered em. a few weeks later racing season was starting up and all i needed was my parts 4 the carrier to finish my bike. So I gave LSR a call an ordered from them, which costed more $$. And not even an hour later by freak coinsedence my parts showed up from D/K in the mail!So I called LSR back and explained to him that i have received my parts from DK and would like to cancel the order, and right away the guy got p!ssed and started being rude to me!(might have been Jack..lol)
He told me to send DK the parts back and pay for theirs instead...and I asked him "why would i do that? I have in my hands now and they were cheaper than yours" And he told me because I had already made the order! So i offered to pay for the return if they were shipped out. And he told me "they haven't been shipped out yet" So why all the hostilaty then? And to top it off a month goes by and the U.P.S. man shows up at my door with a package from LSR and wanted paid for it! I refused and returned to sender at their cost!
I also dont see where they getoff charging around $100 for 2 cheap China bearings and 2 seals anyway:confused: I found out that the bearings are nowhere near that price...I crossreferenced them and buy the better quality for under $15 a piece!!!!! If anyone wants the part# just reply!!
not trying to hurt the companies....just trying to help my fellow racers/riders!!!!!

Ralph
12-11-2002, 03:31 PM
lol from what i here jack reminds me of the guy from dude wheres my car who sends their car to the impound

250rmike
12-11-2002, 04:05 PM
ok i have skimmed over these pages and i have something to say the only products i have heard of that were prone to breaking were the swingarms and frames. i have had 1 bad experience with lsr. my friend is a dealer and he ordered a axle from them through parts unlimited and when we got it and put it on with the bike on a stand it wobbled like crazy. we thought it might be something else with the bike so we put the axle on his layth and guess what same thing he sent it back and when he got it back same thing. they just shipped it back to him how it was. so he just sucked it up and uses it cause he doesnt have the money to buy another axle. the only product i have ever owned by lsr was a billet bearring carrier. the only thing i was dissappointed with was that it didnt have any stickers:D . what m saying is that some parts are just more prone to breaking then others. i am not in any way defending lsr cause i have never used anything but a carrier i just thought i would through this in.

MX26
12-11-2002, 04:36 PM
Dan,

You seem like a really cool guy. Those LSR graphics are sweet! I hope they work out for you.

I do have one more question that I'd like to ask. My friend Rod(also from TX) built a full LSR/CRF450 this year, and I was talking to him about it. He was saying that after spending almost $10K with you guys, he still couldn't get some parts a little cheaper. Is there any truth in this? I would think that a company that is willing to go out on a limb and replace a 2 year old swingarm would SURELY be willing to work with a guy that has spent $10K with you. I might have misunderstood him, but I would appreciate some clarification.

Thanks,
David Stout

bmw500hp
12-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX

Ok you guys i just called Dan Fisher at LSr and he was super friendly ,there was no questions asked he said send my old swinger back and he will replace it,being that it was on of the defected ones,so now i am sending my old one back and he is sending a new one to me..He is a cool guy after you talk to him on the phone...

Outlaw:D

Dan Fisher cuts through the B.S. and taken positive action.... enough said!

d52
12-11-2002, 06:13 PM
Just want to say for the record that Jack, Scott, Sheldon and Dan have always been good people to me. I respect each person and the LSR company (and I am NOT sponsored by them).

Ralph
12-11-2002, 06:20 PM
well i would be nice to you toc eaven if hitler just shoved a pineapple up my ***...lol j/k

yeah i havent had an encounter with all of em, i had a bad experience with jack but dan is the nicest guy i ever met...

he deffinatley makes up for jack...

ralph

Juggalo
12-11-2002, 07:49 PM
well i have never ran a lonestar product and i don't ever really plan to (although i would if i found a nice deal) but thats because of the fact that i can get a product thats just as nice if not nicer for a better price. however tho i respect lonestar for coming into these forums and standing up to all the abuse and i hope they stay here and answer other questions we have and help the site like john arens has done.

just for the record the BEST customer service i ever encountered was from AC racing. they went way out of their way to make sure i was happy. i broke one of my pro pegs (that i didn't even buy directly from them) and they sold me just the parts i needed for a cheap price for me even tho it was a huge hassle for them and they were always kind and curtious. i really respect them from that and i'll definately use their products whenever i can.

AndrewRRR
12-11-2002, 08:11 PM
As long as we are talking about good experiences, I had a great one with RPM. I didn't buy my axle directly from them. I needed the spacer and nut kit that goes with it and the guy at RPM special shipped the parts to me. It had the wrong address on it and he tracked it down and made sure I got it. I'll deal with RPM anytime!

12-11-2002, 08:51 PM
Wow I go away for one day and there four very very long pages to read thru.

I was originally going to go off on all the BS replies from some of the unknown new members(quad god WTF), but time is way to short tonight so you BS Artists get a break :) (but for the record you disgust me)do consider your selves lucky cause some of that flaming crap was unbelievable.

I also see that the basic things said in the first four pages have repeated a few times and with a couple twists but from what I am seeing everyone here agrees that though things will break the main issue at hand is CUSTOMER SERVICE. So lets give LSR their due and stick to this thought.

I was very happy to see Dan Fisher from LSR get involved and this is a good thing since we know which way things flow.

Dan you are doing an excelent job handling this problem and thread, but did you have to bring the topic into another thread? was it too ease the pain a little? Any how I hope you have gained some knowledge from this and that it helps you to better your customer service dept. (OK Sales if they prefer)

For the guys bashing on mxbubs I can not agree with you at all ( and I cant believe I am standing up for him either :) ) cause he has said his piece and has nothing more to gain from going on with it. What do you think LSR is gonna do for him? He has his part its been installed and his only gripe now is that he was treated poorly, so lay off OK.

For the record and those who last track after so many replies I have not had the problems with the product quality but just that the dealer had sent the wrong axle and it was not easy getting things fixed. I cant understand to this day why LSR didnt just send a new axle (swap) rather than all the diff axle nuts that didnt cure the original problem. Like I had said earlier Mr Hole was not one bit professional and his attitude seemed designed to make you want to just not bother, but after finally talking to Matt things were much better.

Now that someone else posted this about being charged for return freight I agree it is a big set of nuts to do this but I think they know at that point we are willing to pay a little more just to get things right cause we have been beaten down.

So Mr. Fisher what I would like for you to do to make things right is for you to take the $20.00 that your company should be refunding me for return freight on a mis-labled product and donate it to the special olympics (or any charity you like) so they can afford to sue dysfuntional idiots who post pics like the one posted here. Yes I am serious.

:)

Ralph
12-11-2002, 08:58 PM
haha u need to SIMA...lol

THE QUAD GOD
12-11-2002, 09:42 PM
Hey 440ex4me,

If you only knew the type of people you were dealing with in here, and I don't just mean myself, you would probably give them a little more respect. So until you stop with all the flaming and bull****, you will never earn anyone's respect.
I am not saying this to be rude, but you dont always know who you are talking to in these threads.

nakomis0
12-11-2002, 09:45 PM
This is my fist time reading this thread, its huge all I got to was page 13 and this is page 19, I couldn't read anymore.

But I do have to say, I have had problems with LSR customer service too. IMO, they are big, they know it, you don't matter to them.

Its even little things, my buddies 250r is LSR'd out, probably every LSR product except the frame. He just re did his paint and plastics. He contacted LSR a few times just to get stickers ZERO response. ... This guy spent ooohhh say about 4k on thier products and he can't get a stinking sticker.lol

Like I said thats just a little thing, but I think it sums up thier customer service.

And LSR if you want to send my buddy his stinking stickers PM me or email me, I'll give you his address.:blah

12-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Hey 440ex4me, If you only knew the type of people you were dealing with in here, and I don't just mean myself, you would probably give them a little more respect. So until you stop with all the flaming and bull****, you will never earn anyone's respect.
I am not saying this to be rude, but you dont always know who you are talking to in these threads.

OK and your point :confused:

And since everyone seems to be so inclined to have several user names to hide behind should I be concerned with their respect? And where do you see any BS in that post? Am I missing something here?

C'mon and tell my why anyone would desire the respect of someone who doesnt have the b@lls to speak their mind without hidding their identity?

And if the slight resemblence to a threat in your post is real you can save yourself the effort cause it is a waste of time.

QuadRacer041
12-12-2002, 03:56 AM
well said lenny,
i agree with you 100%

Extremeracer167
12-12-2002, 08:45 AM
i dont know about you guys, but Lenny has my respect. It looks to me like the quad god is going to have a hard time gaining ppls respect with his posts thus far:rolleyes:

Team-RPM
12-12-2002, 10:38 AM
Although LSR is one of our biggest competetors, we RPM would like to make it known that we support them as good people. They have always been fair with us and kept a profecional relationship with us. We hope you as riders and customers will realize the importance of keeping the image this industry is trying present. Those who race, to weekend warriors are trying to let the world know how awsome riding quads is. This industry is one of the few that are truly all about having fun and being family orenited. Lets keep the peace and ride hard and safe during 03.

Jeremy - General Manager Redline Performance Machines

Tommy 17
12-12-2002, 10:43 AM
welcom to the site rmp!!!!

now we got lsr, rmp, arens, houser, dana creech, john g, wow this site is gettin big!!!!

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-12-2002, 10:48 AM
Wow, its nice to see all the aftermarket companies coming to this site! Welcome RPM, hope you stick around here and help other members whenever possible :D

12-12-2002, 11:20 AM
quad041 & Extremeracer167, thanx.

Wow, its nice to see all the aftermarket companies coming to this site! Welcome RPM, hope you stick around here and help other members whenever possible

Well said now lets hope all the others can handle what LSR is going thru here cause it seems to be working out very well for all concerned.

12-12-2002, 11:24 AM
BTW

Team-RPM Jeremy,

Nicely put and welcome to the site.

I may just be another member here but like was said earlier it is nice to see the manufacturers spend some time here.

QuadTrix6
12-12-2002, 11:27 AM
I just wanted to say that PEP has excellent customer service, there buliding my shocks and i call them all the time to change stuff and ask questions and there really the nicest guys iv'e dealt with so far.. just wanted to give em a shout

250rmike
12-12-2002, 12:30 PM
yea its good to finally see the big guys coming to the site. but hey 440 you got all my respect. i have not delt w/ lsr directly through customer service or through buying and i have not had any problems. like i said earlier in my post it was a friend and he said he would never buy them again. so i just thought i would say i have no problems with lsr

Ralph
12-12-2002, 01:00 PM
ok guys i am ordering a new style swingarm and i will let you guys know how everything goes... i have 100% faith in lsr now

OutlawEX
12-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Ya same here ,the nice DAn fisher is exchanging me swingers..He is such a cool guy..I know this new style will blow away the old one

250rmike
12-12-2002, 01:29 PM
yea the new style looked to be alot befier and alot tougher plus it looks alot better

AndrewRRR
12-12-2002, 01:33 PM
.....and they lived happily ever after!

:D

ride300exred
12-12-2002, 01:34 PM
Welcome RPM , hope ya stay around
Kris

OutlawEX
12-12-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
yea the new style looked to be alot befier and alot tougher plus it looks alot better

Ya its not the same swinger u seen in the previous pages,that was a Z,dan couldnt get one made for how the lingage is set up on a 400ex like how the z is

Wired
12-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
welcom to the site rmp!!!!

now we got lsr, rmp, arens, houser, dana creech, john g, wow this site is gettin big!!!!

tommy guess what, theres more big name people on here then you think. :eek: i know of at least 5 more big name people on here keeping a low profile :cool:

Bean
12-12-2002, 04:58 PM
that quad god guy is right, u dont know who your talking to on here, it could be Charlie Manson for all u know, but i BET

if he reviled himself to be, say Tim Farr, etc, he would hav instant respect, so dont bust on newcommers u dont know much about, it wont get u anywhere

12-12-2002, 05:57 PM
if he reviled himself to be, say Tim Farr, etc, he would hav instant respect, so dont bust on newcommers u dont know much about, it wont get u anywhere

Thats just not right.

Think of it this way if someone was looking for respect hopefully they would be "wise" enough to know that any respect worth having is earned not extorted givin up in a fanatical way.

There are most likely many professional riders and company owners that read thru this forum but I am thinking most of them wouldnt be thinking of coming on here to start harassing members under an allias. Then again maybe there were some misunderstandings to.

Just a thought but do you really know who your are talking to here, and I mean the people you have not yet seen in person, and maybe them also.

If this person did reveal himself to be someone known in the industry or just another rider I would certainly not have any more or less respect.

And as far as bustin goes why should anyone be immune to that? Would you like for us to not be ourselves and act different with certain members, known or not? I hope not , cause I personally dont have any predjudice in my sarcasim not even to myself.

I thought this was supposed to be fun and even a place to gain knowledge not a soap box anyhow.

Mxbubs
12-12-2002, 06:07 PM
440exme

"For the guys bashing on mxbubs I can not agree with you at all ( and I cant believe I am standing up for him either ) cause he has said his piece and has nothing more to gain from going on with it. What do you think LSR is gonna do for him? He has his part its been installed and his only gripe now is that he was treated poorly, so lay off OK."

I have two things to say. Alot of good has come out of this thread, and I always wanted a big brother.:D

12-12-2002, 06:15 PM
:D

OutlawEX
12-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Ok since i made this thread and have gotten alot of questions answered for you guys and also cause of me LSR came here everyone is more than welcome to send paypal to OutlawEx@aol.com,ill give a shout out for ya that send my money:devil

nakomis0
12-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Ya same here ,the nice DAn fisher is exchanging me swingers..He is such a cool guy..I know this new style will blow away the old one

Gotta like that.:)

B@ckBoneBelgium
12-13-2002, 01:40 AM
Guys ,

after talking and emailing with dan , he fixed my problems straight away . He is a cool guy and helps youy really out .

my 2. cents

MSL
12-13-2002, 05:56 AM
Ok since i made this thread and have gotten alot of questions answered for you guys and also cause of me LSR came here everyone is more than welcome to send paypal to OutlawEx@aol.com,ill give a shout out for ya that send my money

Be carefull your helmet might not fit if your head gets any bigger:D

The way i see it you should send us some cash for backing your arse up in this thread:eek: lol

Mxbubs
12-13-2002, 03:45 PM
I emailed LSR and linked them to this thread.:D

AndrewRRR
12-14-2002, 12:14 AM
Kudos to LSR, I knew Dan could make things right.

Dave400ex
12-14-2002, 06:35 AM
Well it's good to hear that Dan could help you guys out that had problems. I didn't think real high of LSR, but now that they are redesigning their parts and to know Dan stands behind them, all you have to do is call him up if there is ever a problem. Now they just need to work on those prices. lol

04-27-2003, 12:23 PM
wow this thread was long:eek2:

QuadTrix6
04-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
wow this thread was long:eek2:

and old ;)

04-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
and old ;)

i know, outlawex is my friend, he lives by me...he told me about the thread but i never realy bothered to lok at it..then today iw as doing a search for jnines name, to find the thread about his frames etc....nut as for my im sticking with laeger or arens

yzquadracer
04-27-2003, 05:44 PM
thought id throw in my .02 in my experiances with LSR i have absolutly no problems. i purchased a 250r frame designed for a yz426 and they worked with me in changing it over to a yz450. i sent them the 426 headstay and they sent me a new one that fit right in. after racing my new machine this weekend i couldnt be happier with it. it flat out hauls. thanks LSR!

AFTERMARKET
04-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
and old ;)
AND LAME

lil400exman
04-28-2003, 07:09 AM
thanks for the positive words there pal.....................if that crap happened to you dont just say oh well i bet you would really complain about it man so dont judge if you have never been 1 mile in there shoes!;)