View Full Version : Thinking of going ol man style haha, give me your input

blacknblue#2
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Well the build of my race quad is almost done to start our indoor MX series. I started the build about 2 months ago and to pass the downtime i Bought a set of shocks and stuff to put on my old 04 450R to ride so i didnt go stir crazy haha. Just this summer i got back into doing some trail riding when im not racing. Since my race quad is almost done im thinkin of exchanging my old 04 for a new rancher 420? Now i love flying through the trails, thats what i grew up doing but my race quad will never see a trail again and as for the group i trail ride with now its always a bunch of guys with their wives just enjoying the scenery so i really cant fly around with them so im thinkin of leavin my speed on the track. What do you guys think about the 420 Rancher? and what do you think my 04 would bring. heres what it is.

2004 Honda 450R
Yoshi slip-on
ESR intake
Elka std. travel fronts on stock a-arms
Gforce adjustable rear axle
stock 07 white plastics with the 04 light
brand new valves and valve stem seals
East coast ATV bearing carrier
tag bars
Almost new 20 inch kenda klaws on 8 inch beadlocks on the rear
Decent 22 inch Duro tires on front

Im sure theres more but im lookin for a rough price. I can get a brand new left over 2007 rancher for 3600.

Rastus
09-08-2008, 08:53 AM
To me, your idea sounds great, there wouldn't be much point having two race bikes for the same class of racing. Also, you could fit some stuff on a rancher, go camping, etc.