PDA

View Full Version : Bartosek Race

hsr
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Wimmer and Wienen put on a clinic today at Mapleshade MX. I have never seen anyone ride that track like that have today, and that's including dirtbikes. Those guys were flat out hauling, it was really something to see...

jcv400ex
09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
are they still running it backwards? Was Dunk there?

hsr
09-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
are they still running it backwards? Was Dunk there?

Yep, still backwards, and no dunk. Upperman and Natalie were supposed to be there too, but weren't. Quite a few other Pros though...

54warrior
09-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Haven't been there in years. What a great track. One of my favorites. There's a NACS Aluminum kickstarter off an 89 R somewhere in the dirt up there, lol!!!!

jcv400ex
09-08-2008, 06:37 AM
They do have a good track, but it was a bad decision to run it backwards... I don't understand why they're doing that, they killed the elevator, the triple by the stands, the down hill double....the track is not that exciting now. I was really dissapointed by the change. :ermm:

08mxkfx
09-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah i was there Saturday and planning to race Sunday but my quad decided that it didnt want to run. Turned out to be the TPS wire got ripped out of the plug somehow. Yeah the track was very easy but still a fun and fast track.

hsr
09-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
They do have a good track, but it was a bad decision to run it backwards... I don't understand why they're doing that, they killed the elevator, the triple by the stands, the down hill double....the track is not that exciting now. I was really dissapointed by the change. :ermm:

I do agree, from a spectators point of view the track isn't quite exciting. It is still very fun to ride on though. I believe that they were influenced to reverse the track so that the first turn out of the starting gate could be a left hander. Supposedly the AMA prefers it that way because then the dirt-bikers are able to still have a foot covered on the back brake as opposed to going into a first-turn right hander and having your foot dangling out there with no brake control...just a thought. I do miss the big tower triple though, they should rebuild that thing elsewhere. :devil:

ronny
09-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Yea me and a buddy of mine went out to watch sunday it was deffiantly worth the drive pretty fun to watch but woulda liked to be riding instead lol and didnt think the suzuki rig would showed up, overall was a fun day

05Z400rdr
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 08mxkfx
Yeah i was there Saturday and planning to race Sunday but my quad decided that it didnt want to run. Turned out to be the TPS wire got ripped out of the plug somehow. Yeah the track was very easy but still a fun and fast track.

I was wondering what happened to you...? Seen you getting towed off. Pat Brown was pulling you wasn't he? It was nice to see you again.

Landon

08mxkfx
09-08-2008, 08:50 PM
yeah i was pretty pissed that i had to end my weekend early. And Pat brown wasnt towing me lol It was an older guy on a Kawasaki 4x4

05Z400rdr
09-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh ok lol, I seen you getting towed off, but I also saw someone being towed by Pat so I got mixed up, lol. Yeah that really sucks to not even get to race

08mxkfx
09-08-2008, 09:17 PM
What sucks the most is that I liked that track alot and seemed to be pretty fast and that Kawasaki had contingency for that race. You going to be doing anymore of the pamx races?

05Z400rdr
09-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, I loved the track even though there was no big jumps or anything, it was a real fast wide open track. I'll be at Sleepy on Oct. 11-12, how about you? That's the last race in the series I'm doing though, Idk if I'll do any of the team green races just for practice or not...?

quadrider1299
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Does anyone if chad allen from quad c is ok? I saw that he wrecked at the end of the quad c moto