PDA

View Full Version : tires for what i ride

Bud88
11-10-2001, 08:06 PM
hey hows it going i live in a nasty climate in northwestern oregon
and it rains a lot and i was wondering what kind of tires i should get i ride trails mostly but a lot of logging roads to get to the trails and the trails are really mudding clay mud the stuff pretty bad i was running mud sharks and i like them but i wanted to try something different what would you suggest for that kind of terrain ?

96300ex
11-10-2001, 08:19 PM
Hey bud, looks like we're in the same boat together. My stepbro took the rear tires and wheels off of my 250 utility quad and threw them on his 250X and that thing went threw mud like it was nothing. Not a good perminate thing to do but it was fun as all get out while he had them on there :D

Bud88
11-10-2001, 09:06 PM
the thing with those mud sharks thuogh they didnt hook up that good at all in the real slick stuff i have to wind the piss out of my bike to go on some of the local trails

11-11-2001, 10:13 AM
you should look and see if they make blackwaters in 22's...theyre a good tire for that kinda stuff

kid300ex
11-11-2001, 10:51 AM
Bud88,
I live up here in Washington and ride the same type of terrian you do, Right now im running All-traks on my 300, and they work pretty well, When the time comes to get new rear's I've been looking at the Super Swampers or Mud Machines, I buddie of mine ran Swampers on his 400 and made it up every clay hill, all the deep ruts he ran right trough. Only problem is that he got alot of branches and stuff jammed into them. But If you're riding the same terrian as I am run the All-traks or Sur-traks, you say the mud sharks dont work that well??

Bud88
11-11-2001, 06:55 PM
well the mud sharks work well untill you hit the slick stuff then they dont hook up that good i was thinking of getting all traks but there only 2 ply and i want something tuffer i was looken into the super swampers my freind has them on his raptor but your right they dont get alot of branches and stuff stuck in them i was just kinda curious on what people usaully use on that kind of terrain

tumbler440Ex
02-19-2002, 12:40 PM
GET REALTORS ALL I HAVE TO SAY FROM PURE SPORTS REALTORS
U WANT TO GO THREW MUD THESE ARE THE TIRES JUST MADE FOR QUADS HOOK UP LIKE A SUN OF A GUN ROOST ANYTHING WICKED IN SNOW U TURN THEM AROUND FOR SNOW AND SAND AND OTHER WAY FOR MUD AND WATER ALLAROUND WIUCKED TIRE HARD TO WEAR OUT TOO
GET

GET REALTORS I CANT SAY THIS ENOUGH MY 400 TURNS THEM GOOD TOOO GOT O BLUETRAXX THATS ALL THEY SAY TO RUN ON ANY MACHINE :devil

02-19-2002, 01:31 PM
Yeah I've heard good things about the realtors also,,,and they now make blackwaters in a 20 inch size...hmmmmmm

tumbler440Ex
02-19-2002, 01:39 PM
i will say black waters are nice tire i ran both
but black waters wore alot faster and they aint a meaner tire liek a realtor is there unbievable i tellin ya ahah tget realtors man think bout it black water lug dont go al the way across realtors do and they wear wicket
tellin ya be sorry if ya dont get realtors ya be missin out i mean they fling roost and work alright in sand but not like realtors haha up to u i guess but ill say realtors!!!

DTRAIN
02-19-2002, 03:26 PM
I know the realtors perform best in mud/ snow, but how are they for hardpack conditions. Where I ride it can get pretty dry in the summer. I do mostly trail riding, its usually muddy/snowy in the winter and spring, and dry in the summer and fall. I do not want to have to switch tires. Are they worth while to have for hardpack? Also are they an overly heavy tire. I realize they are bigger than most tires but are they noticably heavier also?

tumbler440Ex
02-19-2002, 04:25 PM
yea i guess ya have a point now ahaha
i herd hard packed what we get too in the sumer but i still wouldnt care cause i em in pits alot or on a hard packed dirt raod go for a drive on that then 15 mins later we be in mud off the road so haah thats me tho thats y i have them they are a heaveyer tire by far but its werth it for me