PDA

View Full Version : Who or what is Barack Obama???

Outlaw 50
09-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Barack Obama was a founding member of the board of Public Allies in 1992, resigning before his wife became executive director of the Chicago chapter of Public Allies in 1993. Obama plans to use the nonprofit group, which he features on his campaign Web site, as the model for a national service corps. He calls his Orwellian program, "Universal Voluntary Public Service."

The pitch Public Allies makes on its Web site doesn't seem all that radical. It promises to place young adults (18-30) in paid one-year "community leadership" positions with nonprofit or government agencies. They'll also be required to attend weekly training workshops and three retreats.

In exchange, they'll get a monthly stipend of up to $1,800, plus paid health and child care. They also get a post-service education award of $4,725 that can be used to pay off past student loans or fund future education.

But its real mission is to radicalize American youth and use them to bring about "social change" through threats, pressure, tension and confrontation — the tactics used by the father of community organizing, Saul "The Red" Alinsky.

"Our alumni are more than twice as likely as 18-34 year olds to . . . engage in protest activities," Public Allies boasts in a document found with its tax filings. It has already deployed an army of 2,200 community organizers like Obama to agitate for "justice" and "equality" in his hometown of Chicago and other U.S. cities, including Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, New York, Phoenix, Pittsburgh and Washington. "I get to practice being an activist," and get paid for it, gushed Cincinnati recruit Amy Vincent.

Public Allies promotes "diversity and inclusion," a program paper says. More than 70% of its recruits are "people of color." When they're not protesting, they're staffing AIDS clinics, handing out condoms, bailing criminals out of jail and helping illegal aliens and the homeless obtain food stamps and other welfare.

Public Allies brags that more than 80% of graduates have continued working in nonprofit or government jobs. It's training the "next generation of nonprofit leaders" — future "social entrepreneurs."

The Obamas discourage work in the private sector. "Don't go into corporate America," Michelle has exhorted youth. "Work for the community. Be social workers." Shun the "money culture," Barack added. "Individual salvation depends on collective salvation."

"If you commit to serving your community," he pledged in his Denver acceptance speech, "we will make sure you can afford a college education." So, go through government to go to college, and then go back into government.

Many of today's youth find the pitch attractive. "I may spend the rest of my life trying to create social movement," said Brian Coovert of the Cincinnati chapter. "There is always going to be work to do. Until we have a perfect country, I'll have a job."

Not all the recruits appreciate the PC indoctrination. "It was too touchy-feely," said Nelly Nieblas, 29, of the 2005 Los Angeles class. "It's a lot of talk about race, a lot of talk about sexism, a lot of talk about homophobia, talk about -isms and phobias."

One of those -isms is "heterosexism," which a Public Allies training seminar in Chicago describes as a negative byproduct of "capitalism, white supremacy, patriarchy and male-dominated privilege."

The government now funds about half of Public Allies' expenses through Clinton's AmeriCorps. Obama wants to fully fund it and expand it into a national program that some see costing $500 billion. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as the military, he said.

The gall of it: The Obamas want to create a boot camp for radicals who hate the military — and stick American taxpayers with the bill.

Rastus
09-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I believe I've seen this somewhere else recently. ;)

bradley300
09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
he is a absolutley typical liberal democrat that avoids important votes has never done any of the things he is promising to do once he is in office. his speeches are great, but have no substance, and is understanding of how business works is obviously lacking by his proposed tax increases on them, that will kill small businesses and the economy as a whole. his freinds include horribly racist "preachers", domestic, unappologetic terrorist willaim ayers and his politcal knowlege all comes from the incredibly corrupt chicago area

quad2xtreme
09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
doesn't look like either side knows how to run the economy then...

I love scare tactics like this though...always amazed that anyone would fall for this crap. We aren't a dictatorship. You don't have to worry about Obama taking over Congress, the economy, etc.

You do have to worry about a President who might be completely ineffective over the next 4 years...

With McCain, you need to worry about a President who may stick with what hasn't been working at all. The economy is on the brink of a major disaster...hopefully we can continue to borrow money...God help us if other countries stop letting us put everything on the government credit card. This is the one thing about the economy both parties can agree on...charge, charge, charge.

Outlaw 50
09-09-2008, 06:40 AM
Scare tactics...??? Have you searched for this organization??

http://www.publicallies.org/site/c.liKUL3PNLvF/b.2634379/

Do a little research about what Barack wants to do with the country.

While you are at it check these out:

http://www.publicallies.org/site/c.liKUL3PNLvF/b.2634379/

http://www.fastcompany.com/social/2008/profiles/public-allies.html

Quad18star
09-09-2008, 07:16 AM
I read the articles , and from what I see , there's not too much wrong with what they do, IMO . They recruite people to work in non-profit organizations ....

"95% of Allies have met or exceeded the expectations of the organizations where they served, and they’ve built their capacity in many ways. For example, 315 Allies recruited 11,148 volunteers who contributed 105,000 hours of service to their communities last year (an economic value of $2 million). "

Is there anything wrong with the statement above? People volunteer to help out their communities .... just like people volunteer when disasters strike. Non-Profit is just that .... organizations that aren't out there to get rich off others dimes ... that's what volunteers are for.

"Our communities, our country and our world are changing rapidly. Today’s most challenging issues call for a new kind of leadership that engages all people to create change".

Again , nothing wrong with the statement above. We are a whole new generation of people in this world .... if the youth don't take charge and look for change , we'll be stuck in the "old ways of thinking" . Progress is made in the world when new ideas and new ways of thinking are brought forward.

If your parents grew up in the 60's , then you know that they brought change to their generation of people . They spoke out about issues and provided solutions to the problems at the time.

Now there's a new set of problems and the thinking of those that grew up in the 60's does not work with problems at hand today. This generation of youth and young adults needs to be the change in this world if we want any kind of solutions. And to me , it seems like this group that you think is going to "radicalize" everything , is the change needed all over the world.